Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Ex 320K on it. AWD %Sp

Need to replace the struts got bumps and thumps in the front.

What is a good replacement for them. shop quoted me $1300 to do the job. I am sure I can swap out complete units myself.

Suggestions wouold be appreciated. thanks

·
Super Moderator
186 Posts
KYB is the Honda supplier. Any good, brand name would work.
I purchased cheapies on Amazon 18months ago. Two came with suspension bump noise. I need to replace them with a better quality set.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji LX Ecamper “Ellie,” 2008 Atomic EX “Otherment,” 2003 Eternal EX Chop Top “Chop_E”
406 Posts
My recommendation would definitely be KYB if you can get them. Also be sure to check your sway bar end links and bar bushings. All three of our Elements have had play in them when we got them. Very common on cause of clunks on these and CR-Vs

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I had a front strut replaced at the shop and it was literally just a few bolts that came out easy and it was done in just a few minutes, wish I had done it myself at home. Was worried that bolts might have been ceased as they were all original from 2004 but no problem. The rears I hear are a different story and are a real pain and bolts break.

KYB is my aftermarket choice but stock on the complete strut assemblies had been a problem for some time and now that they have shown up some here have said there is a recall on the full assemblies as they do not fit properly

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Just replaced my front struts with TRQ in February, along with pretty much every other front suspension component. Feels awesome to not be squeaking and creaking down the road anymore.
Let us know how these TRQ Struts hold up over time. Always good to have more options out there than just OEM or KYB. What kind of warranty do they come with and are they an OEM equivalent or more of a heavy duty or a lowered set up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let us know how these TRQ Struts hold up over time. Always good to have more options out there than just OEM or KYB. What kind of warranty do they come with and are they an OEM equivalent or more of a heavy duty or a lowered set up?
I bought them from 1A Auto. They have a limited lifetime warranty, are preassembled, and have a fit guarantee. OEM equivalent.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just did the top mounting caps on mine (mainly because its an SC and you cant find anything for them). The KYB tops are the same for all elements (even though it says it doesnt fit the SC, it does and I emailed KYB to inform them they are the same) and the clunk is gone. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E0SBR0?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. Also replaced the sway bar end links as one of mine was broke. Very common on elements from what I understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts