Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I wait until 2004, with it right around the corner, or get one now. Any word on changes or alterations for the new model year?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Honda is famously tight-lipped about changes. The '04 models probably won't be here 'til nearly '04 -- November. The only additions I can imagine are maybe a dead pedal (left foot rest) as they eventually added that to the S2K; also maybe a mute button for the radio. Typically they don't change much after the first model year. Personally, I think if you tend to hold onto your cars for 4-5 years +, you should just buy now and enjoy. If not, wait. Oh yeah, they are also ending Eternal Blue Pearl (and rumored also is the demise of SOP) but replacing EBP with Fiji Blue -- a lighter blue.

Me, I ain't waitin' no more! Soon as my Acura is sold, I'm gettin' mine! Good luck!
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just told by a local dealer that there wil be no major changes in 04. He also said that Honda is very consistant with releasing new model years at the same time each year. Does this mean that we will not see 04 untill dec or even jan?

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:a91feeaf2e="Alien Element"]They're killing off the SOP!!! NO WAY...[/quote:a91feeaf2e]
You're right, there's NO WAY.

Honda has sold far too many SOP Elements to kill off that color.
Let me be the first to go on the record as saying this is purely a fictional rumor. :roll:

If, by some incredibly wacked out twist of events and huge dose of executive stupidity, some jackass at Honda got away with getting rid of SOP for some crazy reason, I would be willing to bet that the person who made such a decision would be promptly fired and the following model year would include the color again. Hell, it might not even take a full model year. :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
SOP is not getting nixed just yet. Eternal Blue however is definitely going to become Fiji Blue Pearl. It doesn't look much different on the color charts, but you never know in person what it might look like. I never dreamed SOP would have looked as good as it does when looking at the color chart.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree. I didn't even consider SOP when I looked at the color chart online and in the Element printed brochure.

But, when I saw the actual vehicle, I knew that it had to be SOP for me! The color is so much nicer in person, and so changeable.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:3d6f19539f="ElementalOne"]Orange WILL be a 2004 color. I can prove it.[/quote:3d6f19539f]

Than prove it...

If you have an E already, why would it matter if they discontinued your color (with the exception of getting touch-up paint for it)?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking at those changes for Honda, they're actually coming out with a PICKUP??!?!?!?!??? It's about time!!!

2005, huh? Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
894 Posts
I went from 14 years of pickup trucks to the Element. I would not go back for love nor money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't mean to thread-jack here, but the new 2005 pickup is based on the Odyssey/MDX platform. I can't imagine Honda building a vehicle with a solid axle either front or rear. Every pickup sold in the US has a solid rear axle. It'll be interesting to see how this thing develops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.