Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going round and around about this and am still unsure. I was going to buy TYC aftermarket fan assemblies. But I can't tell whether the OEM part numbers are for the fan versus the motor because I am not finding part numbers for the complete assemblies. Are these two fan assemblies interchangeable. if not, does anyone know the different fan assembly part numbers? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2010 EX AT Polished Metal Metallic, 2003 EX AT Galapagos Green Metallic
105 Posts
The fan assemblies are not interchangeable, nor are any of the individual parts. Honda does not sell them as complete assemblies, hence no part numbers.
If you are replacing one, I would replace both, just my $.02.
I replaced mine with Dorman assemblies and they were identical in every.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fan assemblies are not interchangeable, nor are any of the individual parts. Honda does not sell them as complete assemblies, hence no part numbers.
If you are replacing one, I would replace both, just my $.02.
I replaced mine with Dorman assemblies and they were identical in every.
How long have you had the Dormans installed. I have been pricing TYC.

·
Registered
2007 LX MT/FWD
67 Posts
Hello,
For the ac condensor fan motor only: TYC P/N R1031121712TYC $90 or Carquest Premium CF motor P/N 35087 $56 at Advanced Auto. The other motors they list for less don't seem to fit or work by the photos they show(not flate style as the original Denso motor.
Yet, the whole Assy. is only $71 at RockAuto for the TYC housing, fan and motor... Or, take a gamble on the Econo brand for $55.. Pull the old one and slide in new one. I went through this on Friday... ordering parts.

Oh, and those part numbers are for an 2007 Element.. not an earlier model year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
For the ac condensor fan motor only: TYC P/N R1031121712TYC $90 or Carquest Premium CF motor P/N 35087 $56 at Advanced Auto. The other motors they list for less don't seem to fit or work by the photos they show(not flate style as the original Denso motor.
Yet, the whole Assy. is only $71 at RockAuto for the TYC housing, fan and motor... Or, take a gamble on the Econo brand for $55.. Pull the old one and slide in new one. I went through this on Friday... ordering parts.

Oh, and those part numbers are for an 2007 Element.. not an earlier model year.
Yes, I think i have learned that the TYC part numbers for my 2003 are 600530 and 610530.

·
Registered
126 Posts
FWIW I had a TYC unit go bad after 5yrs and 50k miles. I replaced both and 1 has died after this time. The OEM Honda ones are obviously a lot better, but 6x the price.

·
Registered
2003 EX & 2006 EX-P
6 Posts
I have been going round and around about this and am still unsure. I was going to buy TYC aftermarket fan assemblies. But I can't tell whether the OEM part numbers are for the fan versus the motor because I am not finding part numbers for the complete assemblies. Are these two fan assemblies interchangeable. if not, does anyone know the different fan assembly part numbers? Thanks!
Condenser fan is the smaller one on the right, passenger side. Radiator fan is the larger one on the left, driver side. They are not the same.

I doubt OEM is just the motor. I can't imagine dealerships would've ever "rebuilt" a fan with a new motor; they would've swapped out the whole thing.

Both of my Elements have the TYC brand condenser fan and they perform flawlessly.

I replaced the radiator fan in my '03 a year ago with a Dorman and have not had any issues. Just last month I purchased another Dorman radiator fan for my '06.

I'd like to think even Dorman can't screw up making a fan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up replacing AC fan and left out regular. Car runs fine and has never overheated on me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts