Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Apple-certified car-charger. It works fine in my 2018 HR-V but not in my 2004 Honda Element EX. Are their cigarette lighter receptacles shaped differently, the Element's being tapered perhaps? The charger fits more deeply into the HR-V's cigarette lighter receptacle. I've tested the receptacle in the Element with a tire-inflator and it's working fine. Can you recommend an Apple-certified charger that works in the 2004 Element? Thanks

P.S. If the Element's receptacle is non-standard, is there an adapter for it?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I’ve just replaced the “cigarette lighter” receptacle with a USB port. I don’t like extra parts.

just usb -> cable -> device

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here at the dealership, 99% of all apple problems are fixed with android.
I had a really great small-form-factor Android phone, with an amazing camera. High-res, with very intelligent software to figure out high-light/low-light situations. But they stopped supporting Android updates on it, so Android is not a panacea.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Would I have to pull stuff out and attach wires? I don't like tearing things apart.
it’s basically something like this:

if you don’t like taking stuff apart and putting it back together maybe its not for you.

Reactions: Ogrerex

·
Registered
2005 Element EX Automatic 4WD
94 Posts
I just bought an Apple-certified car-charger. It works fine in my 2018 HR-V but not in my 2004 Honda Element EX. Are their cigarette lighter receptacles shaped differently, the Element's being tapered perhaps? The charger fits more deeply into the HR-V's cigarette lighter receptacle. I've tested the receptacle in the Element with a tire-inflator and it's working fine. Can you recommend an Apple-certified charger that works in the 2004 Element? Thanks

P.S. If the Element's receptacle is non-standard, is there an adapter for it?
I use an Anker brand from Amazon. They are a well known brand. I have had no trouble.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
sometime during the life of these sockets they changed from being cigarette lighters to 12V sockets. there were changes made to the socket to discourage someone plugging a cigarette lighter into a 12V socket that was not tolerant to the lighter's heat. not all plug manufacturers went along with the socket changes. in general they had to choose whether to support the old socket or the new socket. some manufacturers may have found a way to support both. anyway, that's why some plugs work and some don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts