Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is a PDF for the highest mileage Element for sale I've seen yet.
Dealer is a good local Toyota store. They are still asking $9k for it!

Plus, I looked at a very similar '03 with 110k on it at a BuyHerePayHere lot in town on Sat. They were asking $9,400 cash!

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow $8995 for and 04' with 182,854 miles on it. Id love to hear the history on that guy. It would take me about 8 years to put that kind of mileage on as I average about 23,000 a yr., if I ran my Element that like I will be trading it in for a 2016 Element. :-D

·
Registered
5 Posts
225,000 and still going...

Once my 2003 Element hit 200K I started having issues but not until then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just went in for the 90K service; mileage was at 93327. I bought it 2 years ago used with 77K on it as a 3rd car/parts car/pile the whole band gear in the car.

Will need:
New brake pads, front and rear
New tires
Right rear strut (broken)
Brake, Power Steering, Rear diff fluid changes

Looking forward to keeping it for a while, since once my other car is done, this will see limited service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Once my 2003 Element hit 200K I started having issues but not until then.
Thanks for the post ,what is the biggest repair before 200K hit?

I talked to a guy with 120,000 on his Element, he said the only thing he has done is change the oil and the brakes once. :)

In 60,000 miles, the only thing I have done is get the oil changed every 4K and replaced the windshield once.........and it needs another now. :roll: The windshield place told me that they do Elements all the time. As it is now the crack is not in my view so I will not replace it until I get a crack in my driving view.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Anybody with valve cover gaskets , oil pan or any other type of oil leaks?
I do but it's my own fault. The first time I did a valve check I thought I could tighten the valve cover nuts by feel, without a torque wrench. I learned the hard way, on the second valve check, that I over torqued them and one of the studs broke off. I replaced it right away but another one broke when I did the third valve check and I haven't bothered fixing that one yet. The valve cover leaks a little bit on the pass side. It's so slight that it never reaches the ground. Not that it's a good excuse but that's the reason I haven't bothered with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
140K, still kickin

I got over 140K on it. Here is all that I have had to do:

-oil changed every 5k
-tranny oil changed once (@80K)
-diff fluid changed once (@80K)
-new brake pads (@90K)
-Valve adjustment (@60K)...
*exhaust valves were too tight, causing shuddering and stalling when car was cold* ever since that adjustment (done at home), its been perfect
-replace steering fluid (@130)

This weekend, I am:
-changing compliance bushings *torn*
-flushing radiator fluid
-replacing brake fluid
-change tranny oil and filter
-change diff fluid
-inspect engine/tranny mounts

Except for the valve job and the compliance bushings, everything else has been preventative maintenance. All work has been done at home with some basic tools, and I can say that this car has been SUPER reliable.

And for the record, EOC has helped save me loads of money with all the info, DIY instructions, etc etc...

And let me echo some previous posts... as someone with over 100K on my E, the reason you dont see any for sale with high mileage is EXACTLY because the owners are keeping 'em. Im running mine to the ground!!!! (or if the E2 is even more bad-ass) :lol::-D

·
Registered
32 Posts
2004 purchased new in March 2004, 182k miles

Brakes (at about 160k I think....)
Axles (I think that's what it was)
Tires (a few times, can get about 2yrs out of a set of tires)
Head Gasket (at 182k)
Air circulator (or something like that.....about 120k I think)

That's all the major stuff I can think of, in addition to the regular maintence stuff. Some of the mileage I guessed on, not sure when it was done.

~Michelle

Hopefully she'll be going for another 182k :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
2004 purchased new in March 2004, 182k miles

Brakes (at about 160k I think....)
Axles (I think that's what it was)
Tires (a few times, can get about 2yrs out of a set of tires)
Head Gasket (at 182k)
Air circulator (or something like that.....about 120k I think)

That's all the major stuff I can think of, in addition to the regular maintence stuff. Some of the mileage I guessed on, not sure when it was done.

~Michelle

Hopefully she'll be going for another 182k :)

Brakes at 160,000??! I'd say that's pretty good! I'm still on my original brakes but I haven't even hit 60,000 miles yet. I think I'm going to change the tran fluid, brake fluid, etc. at 60k, they all look great and my car runs flawlessly but I wasn't the original owner so I'm paranoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How many miles does she have?

275,000k on a 2003 (about 175,000 miles). Gonna have to replace the struts finally. She sounds and feels very truck like at this point. Done all the usuals for this year model. Wanna hold out for another year or so before giving her up :( and looking for something to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Milage

192,420 miles. I've ordered all new bushings and rubber suspension parts, new struts for the front. Plugs & O2 sensors. I'm going to drain and replace all the fluids and do the brakes. It's mostly preventive.

All together about $700 in parts. Taking a week off to do it. :) Wife thinks I'm a martyr but I get unhurried goof off time in a comfey warm shop with no kids!!!

Adjusted my valves the other day, engine looked fantastic.

I figure I'll be good for another 100,000 before anything other than oil changes will need done. I'm no car mechanic, but these are really easy to work on!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2010 with 211K on it and no major repairs, just tires and the occasional broken windows replaced. This summer the SRS light came on and I had to have that repaired which amounted to a new computer chip being put in to tell the system to lock seat belts and deploy air bag if necessary.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What's the highest milage you have seen?

Just saw a listing on Craigs list
308,000! Highest miles I have ever seen!

2004, EX AWD AT green in NJ. " one owner ripped seat, crack on windshield corner, runs and drives fine, no paint fade ,asking $2500"

21 - 40 of 53 Posts