Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I decided to install a trailer hitch in my 2010 Element and when going to install the wiring harness under the steering wheel access panel, I noticed something I had not noticed before. The item in question is a module plugged into and zip tied up under the steering column. It has a three-wire harness coming out that connects to a small button that is screwed onto the bottom of the access panel for that area.The wire to the button was not attached, but that may be that I disconnect at another time when I was in the access hatch. The blue wire coming out of the box is just snipped off and going nowhere. I thought about reattaching the three-wire plug and pressing the button to see what it does, but figured I would check here first to see if anybody knows what it is.

Car alarm or security device of some sort?

·
Moderator Eh?
12,119 Posts
This is what came up when I googled the number off of it.

Might be part of a blue tooth system from a previously installed aftermarket radio?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some people track cheating spouses with those? It’s like find my iPhone but for cars maybe. Or possibly a company tracking their cars/drivers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could be used as remote start or also like using your phone for WiFi for everyone in the car. Also for tracking and sending data

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the photo of that eBay unit sure looks like it. It says it is a GPRS unit, but doesn't say specifically what that is used for.

Maybe is was part of an OnStar unit or something?

Remote start would be sweet, but what would the button be for?

I doubt it is from an aftermarket radio as I purchased the car in 2012 with 5000 miles and it has the stock radio, but maybe.

Definitely not a tracker installed by my wife! LOL! I wish she was handy enough to do that kind of work!

I appreciate all the responses!!!:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after some more research, I believe the unit is a Karr security system. It seems many dealers installed these on new Hondas. I will need to try and find a manual for this and see if the thing actually works and what exactly it can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts