Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tiny plastic parts came loose, and all the tabs broke off of it when my door closed. It's this little plastic part below the seatbelt. How would you guys go about finding a new one? I also have a crack in the wall panel that attaches to this little guy.... y'all recommend super glue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I believe it is to keep the seatbelt from rotating downward & being caught in the door while closing. Any dealer or Majestic Honda online should have that part listed with the door panel parts.

Plastic is flexible so superglue will not last at all for repairing that panel.
You could try to plastic weld it, like welding with metal except you use plastic rods. You can get a setup from Harbor Freight for pretty cheap. Do the repair from the backside & it will be next to impossible to see.
That is usually what I use to repair broken dashes when thieves strike.

There are also various glues/chemicals designed for gluing plastics which chemically bond the plastics, not just hold the parts together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

Thanks all! I've been struggling with that one for a while! Yup- that is the drivers' side. Anyway, I can't wait to get some sweet pics of my E up. I've been a Toyota guy for 13 years, and the element is now my favorite car! Great for driving around my great Dane, and loading in art shows!
Thanks again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts