Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Element replaced 96 Dodge Stratus, it have 135k start falling apart on me. My wife drove the first 85k, then the rest was my problems. :(

Proud owner of the ss 4wd EX AT :D , would opt for the 5spd but my wife don't drives manual. She told me, I would have to replace clucth annualy for the life of the car.

82 Honda Accord 292k great car, tranies was too tired. :cry:
96 Dodge Neon (junk :x )
96 Dodge Stratus :roll:
99 Isuzu Trooper :D Now we have 2 boxes in my drive-way

Now! I couldn't be happier.

Enjoy your Element everyone,

boxonw

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
There is a huge post in the Poll section about this very topic.

My E replaced a '93 Chevy Cavalier (my first car)....and what a piece of crap it was....my family scorned me for not buying a Honda or Acura....but then again I was young and misunderstood.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 97 Jeep Wrangler that is a great vehicle for me. It only has about 63,000 miles on it. But when I saw the E I just had to have one. So now I have both and like both.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My E replaced a '95 Dodge Caravan. The preliminary selection was made by a friend of mine, who happens to be the GM of a local Honda dealer. He used to be the GM of a Dodge dealership, which explains my two previous vehicles, an '85 Ramcharger and the Caravan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My '96 Honda Accord got totaled. I was planning on buying an Element in a couple years but this works out good because I can really use it now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I are becoming a one car family. We are getting rid of our '94 Honda Accord Wagon and '01 VW Jetta Wagon. I bike and run to work and only really need a car on the weekend.

After 2 weeks of ownership the Element seems a great choice for a one-car family. Oh yeah, -- I recommend everyone try biking to/from work once in a while. Great for the body, great for the mind!

·
Registered
96 Posts
replaced a turbocharged 95 civic ex with 30,000 worth of mods... some thieves stole it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our E replaced a 1998 Volvo S70 sedan. Not a bad car for the first 40,000 or so miles but it fell apart and self destructed soon after. Unfortunately, we had 66,000 miles on it when we got rid of it (good riddance). We love our Element and plan on driving it forever (at least we are keeping our fingers crossed). :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
A 1998 Civic HB 5 spd, same silver (My 3rd honda silver!) The Civic only had 120k on it, was still running strong and probably would have lasted me another year before I started to worry too much about it exploding. But I said "Why wait? Have fun now". I was getting tired of driving a clutch too, tho I still prefer it from a sheer perfomance POV. The automatic is nice to have now tho, especially in LA traffic.

I live at 4600 feet, and I climb about 3000 of them on the last 12 miles of my commute every day. I also wanted a new car so I would be 100% assured I wouldn't get stuck on that climb. There is NOTHING on the hill from the beginning of the climb to the top. If you break down, you walk. No fun in the snow ;-)

FreakWatch ~ What? TriMet doesn't suit your fancy??? ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My "E" replaced a 1995 Accord LX with 210,800 miles on it. Everything still worked and the drivetrain was in good shape, but the midnight blue paint looked like crap! Never buy a dark color in Florida if you plan to park outdoors a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine replaced a 2002 Toyota Prius. I loved that little car, but since I'm 6'10" and said that I would squeeze into it for mother nature for as long as I owned it, and good old mother nature repaid me with a snow storm that aided in me sliding off the road and rolling it, I decided to get the car I fit into for my next car. Two months before the Prus accident (which is the length of time I owned the Prius--didn't even have plates on it yet), I had a '90 Plymouth Voyager that died on me. I love the Element because it can haul as much as the Voyager, but looks cooler, has a better stereo, and the transmission probably won't die on me every two years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A 2002 New Beetle (Snap Orange Color Concept) and a 2000 Dodge Dakota. We needed to cut down to 2 vehicles, and the winter last year didn't exactly build my confidence in the Dakota (too light of a rear-end and no traction) or the NB (ground clearance). Plus, I was getting over-paranoid about dings, chips, etc on the Beetle (limited edition and I was wanting to pamper it) to drive it to work (140+ miles round-trip) so it just wasn't getting driven.

The E has to last me 10 years though - so says the wife ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My E. replaced two cars a leased 1999 Lexus GS300 that i had for 3 1/2 years returned w/ only 30,000 miles but looked like a 10yr/100k mile (scratched up and dented ) car after i left it on the the streets of Brooklyn for all that time and a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville that I got free when the lease ended and my parents coincedentally bought a new 2003 Accord at the time. Well 4 months into the Bonneville the transmission blew ... ehh 4 free months of no carpayements wasn't soo bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 98 Chevy Cavalier. I was two months away from paying it off when it got broken into and my stereo was stolen. Two days later, Jan. 13 I went to the Honda dealer and drove home in my Element!

·
Registered
19 Posts
98 VW Passat. 155k miles. The torque converter was going... I thought the Element was ugly at first and realized the beauty of form following function. Very Bauhaus. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I replaced two cars this year, a 93 Accord EX for a 03 Pilot EX
for her and for me a 94 GMC Jimmy for a 03 Element EX :lol: :p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts