Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your first ticket?

I cited for failure to control, when I was in college, I drove my friend car and slip in the snow and hit a parked car...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard this thread, I tried to create something and accidentally click a button before I finished

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Speeding....

Speeding....

Speeding....

Speeding....

Speeding....

Anymore questions?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I was sited for "squeeling and pealing" otherwise known as reckless operation. I backed the 89 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe I was driving out of a parking spot, dumped the clutch and spun the tires till the car was sideways at which point I grabbed second snapping the car straight....right next to the cruiser that was pulling in next to me. Did I mention the parking spot I was parked in was at a public beach/park. It was my 17th birthday and it was not fun explaining to my dad or brother who is the one that owned the car. :D

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I borrowed a friends car to go to the store, on the way back I ran over and killed a zombie. Since it's not against the law to kill zombies I got a ticket for not having insurance (it wasn't my car). I was 17 and didn't know you had to have insurance if you didn't have a car. It cost me $200 and I had to have non-ownership car insurance for 2 years----damn zombies:mad:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Disregard this thread, I tried to create something and accidentally click a button before I finished
:lol:

WAAY too late!

When I had my learners permit I was ticketed for driving without a licenced driver next to me. We were "testing" an early portable sound system (essentially a small home stereo running off the car's power) and things got a little out of hand. My friend, the licenced driver, ending up making out in the back of the car with his girlfriend (it was an early 60s wagon - lots of room), we had the tunes blasting on a hot summer day with all the windows down, and I was probably driving a little fast.

Fortunately the couple in the back had enough time to put some clothes on before I pulled over when the cop turned his siren on. The cop just shook his head.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
I think I'm going to sound like an alien here. It's been more than 30 years since I got a ticket.

I've had 3 in my life, two of them for parking during the course of almost a half-million miles of driving. My second ticket was for going 5 mph over the limit as I was decelerating from a faster limit zone.

I'm not going to claim that I've never speeded, but I don't drive significantly faster than the surrounding vehicles except when passing, and I don't tailgate or change lanes except to pass. My experience is that the best way to avoid tickets and accidents is to blend in, maintain an interval and pay attention.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My first time...

Yeah, I was 15 and without a license. My parents and I were vacationing in sunny Cali. Antioch to be exact. Anyways, I had a YZ 125 dirt bike that needed air in the rear tire. The nearest station was a couple blocks from my sisters house so, I push it down there on the way back it was up hill so I though Hell only two blocks. So I kick it over and buzz up the street....BUSTED!! I still don't where the heck he was hiding to see me. Got an operating off road vehicle om the road and no spark arrester.

·
Registered
662 Posts
:lol:

WAAY too late!

When I had my learners permit I was ticketed for driving without a licenced driver next to me. We were "testing" an early portable sound system (essentially a small home stereo running off the car's power) and things got a little out of hand. My friend, the licenced driver, ending up making out in the back of the car with his girlfriend (it was an early 60s wagon - lots of room), we had the tunes blasting on a hot summer day with all the windows down, and I was probably driving a little fast.

Fortunately the couple in the back had enough time to put some clothes on before I pulled over when the cop turned his siren on. The cop just shook his head.

Aaaaaahhhhh, those were the days.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Noise violation, had 12 12" rockford HX2's ran off 6 500m's in a extended cab sonoma on airbags. Box was a port thru bed style. The cop was pissed off, he heard me for over 5 minutes so he said, only had it 1/4 volume, that was a very expensive ticket, $250. I paid that one and got pulled over 2 days later for the same thing, but got off, he was an audio fan.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
willfull wonton reckless driving.
Well I hope you learned to keep the wontons in the bag with the rest of the chinese food till you get home. They're like gremlins, once you let them out they're all over the place.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Oh and I have a few tickets but the one that still pisses me off wasn't my first. I was driving down the highway. and a PTA comes flying up behind me. (That's Pickup Truck A-hole for those who don't know). I sped up to pass the car next to me so I could get over. I got in the other lane and the PTA flys past me. Unfortunately the cop clocked me first and locked in my speed. After stopping I was like WTF? and he said he saw the truck fly past but didn't have his speed clocked. I got a ticket. What a jackass.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My first ticket resulted in 2 tickets. I hit a patch of ice, hit another car at 35 MPH in a 25 MPH zone in the other lane. So I got one for speeding and one for failure to stay in the proper lane. :x Like I could control that on a sheet of ice even at 15 MPH with a rear wheel drive mustang.

·
Registered
555 Posts
In a hurry to get home on a back country staright/flat road after work about 20ish yrs ago...radar detector plugged in and figured I was all alone. I hit warp speed and all was great, then BEEP BEEP BEEP, lights up like a Christmas tree-Full signal. I had crested a very small "hill" in road and Trooper was right there and I pulled over. I knew I was a gonner.
I said the right words and Trooper cut me alot of slack and wrote the ticket for alot less speed...........That was my first and ONLY speeding ticket, I never sped again!
........:lol::lol:....At least not like that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was 17 and taking a road trip to visit my sister at Ohio University. That friday on my way to school another girl crashed into me (no not my Element). So I borrowed my parents grand prix gtp for the road trip. I repeatedly promised I wouldn't go over the speed limit (60 mph).

I got my first and only speeding ticket for going 101 in a 60. :-o

I actually drive kinda slow now a days...kids

·
Registered
109 Posts
66 in 45 without the right insurance card and i couldn't prove the fact i had insurance until after i pad my ticket so i went deferred disposition for 6 months.
but the cop was nice enough to let the speed down to 59 for me.
but he did add failure to signal when i was in a turn only lane.
total amount of the ticket was 563

but still not the worst thing i was ever pulled over for..
73 in 45. while going through a construction zone.it was a total of like 6 cars that were doing that speed and i was the one that got caught.. i got let off with a verbal warning but did have to sit there for 30 mins at the stop.

I use to have a foot made of stone good thing i got all of that out of my system.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts