Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $200 bucks to mod my E with. What should I do? Replace the stock speakers, HIDs, GPS, etc. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd replace the speakers. Or I'd save up another $300 to buy a CF hood, or I'd get someone to professionally paint all the plastic panels a true black, or I'd Get a new Head Unit.

·
12,179 Posts
Take $10 and go to Home Depot and get some gutter screen and get your A/c condensor protected if you haven't already done so.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take $10 and go to Home Depot and get some gutter screen and get your A/c condensor protected if you haven't already done so.
Been there done that. I have all my mods listed on my signature.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd replace the speakers. Or I'd save up another $300 to buy a CF hood, or I'd get someone to professionally paint all the plastic panels a true black, or I'd Get a new Head Unit.
Good input. I already got a new head unit. Its a Clarion doubledin w/ ipod interface. I should add that to my signature.

Keep the opinions coming!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't see it. I have signatures turned off most of the time. Helps pages load faster.

What about interior accent lighting? Can be done relatively cheap.

I just put in LED domes, are you talking about LEDs on the floor or roof etc?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Www.superbrightleds.com

I've been ordering stuff from them for the past two weeks. It's addicting. Replace everything with LEDS!!! It's so much fun. I think I spent $18.00 and shipping took two days, and I got two dome lights, 2 map lights, 5 gauge cluster lights and the 3 lights for the AC controls. Not bad at all.

Or you can cover all the plastic interior panels with a really nice Seude fabric or Tweed, or you can Buy some Wetokole seat covers, you can do a lot with $200. My biggest sponsor of doing stuff is ACe Harware... I've made gauge clusters, light pods, anything. They also give me free stuff from time to time since I used to work there. Only place I can get 3" of 2" PVC for free. I like to go to harware stores and think of mods first.

OH! Another one I did on my CRV, from Home Depot, it costs about $10.99. Look in the garage door moulding section. It's a roll of black rubbery-plastic meant to seal the bottom of the door. It is in a "L" shape, and I used it to make a "lip" on the front bumper of my car. Don't know if that interests you, but it came out great:
It's that lowest bit on my bumper in my signature. It sticks out a little too. Looks pretty legit, except I won't get upset If it hits something. It's soft.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
18 bucks, for all that!? did you have a credit? My domelights from there were 34.00 after shipping, just for the 2 domelights!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Speakers! you can get some nice speakers for $200 to go with that head unit
Crutchfield is your friend... ;-)

·
Registered
557 Posts
18 bucks, for all that!? did you have a credit? My domelights from there were 34.00 after shipping, just for the 2 domelights!
Shipping was about $4.00. Each map light was $1.80 and each dome light was $3.00. The gauge lights were $0.98 each.

are you sure you got it from SUPERBRIGHTLEDS and not SUPERBRIGHTLED?

The one with the S is where I got mine, and yes, they are different.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Shipping was about $4.00. Each map light was $1.80 and each dome light was $3.00. The gauge lights were $0.98 each.

are you sure you got it from SUPERBRIGHTLEDS and not SUPERBRIGHTLED?

The one with the S is where I got mine, and yes, they are different.
I got them from superbrightleds.com.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&next=50#3022-xHP2

Select Bulb Length

Select LED Color

Check Out
High Power 6-LED Festoon bulb
Festoon bulbs with 6 High Power LEDs, 12 VDC
Available in 37mm or 42mm lengths
Select Length and LED Color
$ 14.95

·
Registered
557 Posts
I got them from superbrightleds.com.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&next=50#3022-xHP2

Select Bulb Length

Select LED Color

Check Out
High Power 6-LED Festoon bulb
Festoon bulbs with 6 High Power LEDs, 12 VDC
Available in 37mm or 42mm lengths
Select Length and LED Color
$ 14.95
Mine might not have been as high powered, it was only about $3.50 or something. It's not super bright, but brighter than the original hazed out dome light.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's like daylight in my E. lol, I am still reading reviews on the speakers. Most people say they would only get the reference's if you were planning on getting a sub too. I dont want a sub, at least not yet. I dunno, decisions decisions.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's like daylight in my E. lol, I am still reading reviews on the speakers. Most people say they would only get the reference's if you were planning on getting a sub too. I dont want a sub, at least not yet. I dunno, decisions decisions.
The way I've always done it is to get Coax's in the front, new tweeters, and 3-ways in the back seat. It sounds good even without a sub, but once you have the 3 ways-in the back you lose the bass, so I'd rig up something else in the back, like say, some 6X9's or as big a speaker you can fit in there.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The way I've always done it is to get Coax's in the front, new tweeters, and 3-ways in the back seat. It sounds good even without a sub, but once you have the 3 ways-in the back you lose the bass, so I'd rig up something else in the back, like say, some 6X9's or as big a speaker you can fit in there.
Maybe you like the sound of that,but usually most prefer to simply install seperates/tweeters & mids up front and then some coaxials in the back/rear doors.:confused: Then later on if you decide to install a sub,you'll end up with a pretty well rounded/sounding system.:cool:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Maybe you like the sound of that,but usually most prefer to simply install seperates/tweeters & mids up front and then some coaxials in the back/rear doors.:confused: Then later on if you decide to install a sub,you'll end up with a pretty well rounded/sounding system.:cool:
The problem with mine, is I often carry people in the back seat, and I used to always hear "what are we listening to?" because all they heard was bass (running a huge subwoofer) so if you carry people in the back seat they appreciate some range back there, if not, then yeah, stick to the coax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts