Honda Element Owners Club banner

What name have other people called your Element the most?

• Mini Hummer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tonka Toy

• Awesome!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I had someone tell me that my "E" was "cute as a button" I laughed my ass off

· Registered
895 Posts
I have been told it looks like a mini-Hummer, a mini-Brinks truck and a London hackney cab.

· Registered
1,620 Posts
ShaneS......that is EXACTLY what my mom said upon seeing my E for the first time! I guess ya either love it or hate it....because my one brother saw it for the first time when my mom did, and he said "Why did you buy a boxy grocery go getter??? Ya should have bought a mini van!"

I was like ya bastard....I am 27 with no kiddies and the E is not like a mini van in any freakin way.....but then again I don't think my bro and I know how to act like adults, we seem to revert back to fighting youths, or perhaps he is just jealous because he has a purple mini van....who knows!

· Registered
352 Posts
My 12- year old daughter and her friends call it the "box car". But no problem, they think they're cool riding in it and getting stares and attention.

· Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, mostly people either love or hate it.

One gal who didn't like it called it a "pillbox" -- but she is an employee at a drug company.

My dad called it a mini brinks truck.

At a recent rock band reunion, the guys in the band all liked it and thought it was cool. The word cool came up a lot. The drummers girlsfriend called it a pillbox -- and I told her I didn't care if she liked it or not -- because I do.

I think the mini-hummer comparison is most appropriate.

· Registered
129 Posts
In the 12 hours I've owned the Element, the 11 year old daughter of the guy across the street called it a mini-Hummer (multiple times), and a fellow I work with called it "ugly". I was getting a lot of looks last night, including a long look from a guy driving a Prowler.

I'll need more data before I can make a statistically valid choice.

· Registered
59 Posts
To tell you the truth, my NBP has been dubbed "Tonka Truck", "Box on Wheels", and the all too overheard "Ugly". I'm sure plenty of others have been approached with the question "What the hell is that?"

The strangest ones I've heard are "It looks kinda like a limo from the front" and "I hate to tell you this, but it kinda looks like a hearse". Not sure where and what time these people are from, but okay...to each their own.

Though I've heard almost everything in the book, the officially dubbed name of the car is..."The Box" (as in Lucky you, you get to ride in "The Box".)

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:d18540b002="Kayakin' Dan"]A lot say it's ugly, especially women. I suggest that their husband may be partial to it if that's a criteria.[/quote:d18540b002]

Ouch!

-brendan

· Registered
3,445 Posts
Since when is a Toyota Echo a "real" car, anyway? I know, it's good for family relations to be polite to your aunt! But me, I'd be more proud to retain the ugliest car title in the family.

· Registered
61 Posts
One guy that I work with called it a german army truck. Another one calls it a Brink's armored car. Another one told me that it looks like a British mail truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.