Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at getting a set of 19 x 8.5 inch wheels for my element sc but im not sure what offset to get, im lookin for them to basically be even withe the edge of the fenders/quarters and eventually i will be lowering it, everything on tire rack says about between +38 and +45. any advice or pics would be a great help, also maybe post your setup if you have 19s and any experience with them. Thanks alot for all your help!

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
How low you planning on going? Also what size tires will you be running?

I'd say if you can get +45offset you'll be set....otherwise don't go under +38. You can go as high as +50 and be ok, but I doubt you'll find wheels in that offset that aren't custom made.

Lowering your ride you'll probably end up rolling or cutting the rear fender lip as it seems to be a must when you lower the vehicle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
offset

I'm running 20x8.5 in the fronts only with a +42 offset and it is flush with the fender. That offset came from Work. Good luck!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How low you planning on going? Also what size tires will you be running?

I'd say if you can get +45offset you'll be set....otherwise don't go under +38. You can go as high as +50 and be ok, but I doubt you'll find wheels in that offset that aren't custom made.

Lowering your ride you'll probably end up rolling or cutting the rear fender lip as it seems to be a must when you lower the vehicle.
im gonna try to get some 265 rubber under the rears and 245 in front if possible, if not ill be going 245 both front and back, i was thinking of getting +45 offset, i just dont want the wheels looking sunken in and narrow. i want a real nice stance if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running 20x8.5 in the fronts only with a +42 offset and it is flush with the fender. That offset came from Work. Good luck!!
are you the box with the polished work wheels and the painted black pillars and the galaxy grey sc? cause if you are that is exactly the stance im looking for.

·
Registered
344 Posts
that's me

are you the box with the polished work wheels and the painted black pillars and the galaxy grey sc? cause if you are that is exactly the stance im looking for.
yeah that's me! 20x8.5(+42) in the front and 20x9.5(+38 ) in the rear. the rears rub alot bc i have spacers on it, but i'm planning on cutting away some of the rear fender this weekend. good luck and post pics when u get them on!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have hands down THE nicest E on the boards.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
min. offset on honda's should be +35
max. offset is +45
not true, Acura TSX wheels are +55 offset. the TSX wheels work fine on CR-V.
folks have also used way less than +35 on their Hondas, but min of +35 is a good "rule of thumb" for most.

·
Registered
344 Posts
:)

you have hands down THE nicest E on the boards.
Thanks for the love, but there are a lot of nice Es on here. I haven't done much compared to some folks, but I think my E fits me perfectly. Nice, clean and simple!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts