Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to a dealer this weekend about a 2010 AWD EX. They say they can order me one and have it in a couple days. However, they will not order it for me unless we agree on a sales price. Do you think they can actually get the exact one I want in a few days? What should a I pay for a standard 2010 AWD EX?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
$21,775 is the sticker price without any other options plus $710.00 destination charge. Offer them 3k less and meet somewhere in the middle. Or if you belong to Costco go online and let them help get the best price. Remember if you don't get what you think is a good deal you should walk away or you wont like the car the whole time you own it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$21,775 is the sticker price without any other options plus $710.00 destination charge. Offer them 3k less and meet somewhere in the middle. Or if you belong to Costco go online and let them help get the best price. Remember if you don't get what you think is a good deal you should walk away or you wont like the car the whole time you own it.
Rick,

Thanks for the reply! Where are you getting the $21,775 from? MSRP is $23,885 and Dealer Invoice appears to be somewhere between $22,225 & $22,696 depending on the source.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You have much better pricing in your part of the country than we have here. A 2010 EX AWD is anywhere from 26 to 28K. The dealer in Mobile, Al, where we bought ours, happened to have just called us to try and sell us one at $23,250 out the door. It's still a large sum of money either way you go.

·
Registered
65 Posts
research!

I bought my last 2 cars new, and for both I researched the dealer invoice price, delivery fee, any current manufacturer rebates (dealers don't always pass those along) and the dealer cost on any extras or packages I was interested in. I offered the dealer 3 to 5% over their actual invoice cost (NOT MSRP-- ignore that number, it is made up). In both cases, I walked out with the car I wanted at pretty much the price I wanted. When I bought my Subaru, it took me about 6 hours of haggling at the dealer. When I bought my E, it was a breeze... I emailed several dealers, told them what I wanted, what I was willing to pay, they answered with their best offer and I took the email to the dealership with me, walked out with the car. I highly recommend the email-first-and-get-a-quote route!

Go to cars.com and edmunds.com and research, research, research before you decide what you are willing to pay!

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry $21,775 was for the LX. Your EX is $23,885. but you should not pay anywhere near that. Use Costco >>>

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

or there are lots of places on the internet to help. Like this>> http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2010/honda/element

I am not a Costco member so I can't see what the price would be for an AWD EX. Can a Costco member plug in my zipcode 30062 to see what the price would be for me? :) I looked at CarsDirect and their price was 22,916 which includes the $710 destination fee. Would love to see what the Costco price is before buying a membership.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sorry. Costco doesn't work that way. They will give you a dealer in your area and a salesperson to talk too and they will show you the Costco price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts