Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up and I want to add some upgrades ....first on the list is to get some new wheels. I've done reading and can't make up my mind as to what size wheels. Wsa thinking about 20" but was told that that will affect my ride...meaning that it will be more of a rougher ride. I guess the sacrifice is whether I want the street looks versus a smoother ride. Also I am worried about affecting the speedometer and/or rubbing. Can anyone give me some input...so I can make up my mind to go 18", 19" or 20"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can actually fit 20's but 18's will give you more tire choices and a better ride..I got 245 55 18 and lots of tread on the rubber and rides great!

·
Registered
106 Posts
please post pictures of the 18's and tires BigCity, I am pondering the wheel question too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is a major price difference between 18s and 19+. $100 a tire compared to $300 a tire. When you go 19+ this also means less rubber. Less rubber, the easier it is for the wheels to get damaged. Here an E from the www.hondaelement.org forum that had 19s, he went over a 2x4 and bent 2 of his wheels, ouch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I lived somewhere with nice roads (like you) I'd have the 20's in a heartbeat.

Since I don't, I went the safe route with 18's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts