Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have about 300 dollars burning a hole in my paypal account.

suggestions and where to get the best deal are welcome.

also- between the exhaust and the cold air- which will offer the best performance- but not both, not right now!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
intake/exhaust/spoiler

you can find them on ebay, as well as authorized dealers

I don't think HandA takes paypal, but right now they have the tailgate spoilers on special until the end of the year http://handa-accessories.com/eoc.html

Intakes - AEM and Injen make the cold air intakes, roughly $250-300

Exhaust - Gibson and Injen make exhausts, full catback systems, roughly in the $400-500 range. The Gibson says 2006 and up, but it DOES fit the 2005 and under Elements. Gibson doesn't have a ricey sound, while the Injen has that bit of ricey sound to it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
for $200.00 usd u can get my friends new in box blue full ram aem intake. then, u can save the $100.00 usd to go toward a spoiler next month as it special goes til the beginning of 2009.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speaking of saving money for about the same result--

exhaust.
i see where some replace the resonator with a straight pipe and some have done the same to with the muffler -(kept the resonator.) any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
speaking of saving money for about the same result--

exhaust.
i see where some replace the resonator with a straight pipe and some have done the same to with the muffler -(kept the resonator.) any thoughts?
On the stock exhaust, I've removed the resonator w/ a straight pipe so it becomes cat->pipe->muffler, but all this does is give you a sporty sound. No performance gain achieved.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leads one to believe that the stock muffler is not too restrictive...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts