Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see stuff like Forever Black, or Back to Black, but what can I use on my 2006 blue plastic panels? They look fadded, dull, and blotchy.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I had an '05 with the blue panels. Turtle Wax Ice LIQUID (not the darn paste!!) applied and rubbed in made the panels glow and much less blotchy-plus it works great on all the paint. Apply on a warm day -in direct sun- and go back over the panels several times. Give a final buff with a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I have a 2005 SSM with Blue panels. Had it since it was new.
By far "Blue" is the toughest panel color to work with.

I've always used Back to Black but before applying it - the panels must be throughly cleaned of dirt.
If not the Back to Black will lift the dirt and swirl it around but it won't remove the dirt.
To remove the dirt and built up road film - I use a spray on water and vinegar mixture and work that into the panels with a soft scrub sponge.
Rinse it off with luke warm water and towel dry - then you're ready to apply the Back to Black treatment.
(You will be surprised to see the amount of dirt and grim that gets collected on these panels!)
Depending on how much dirt has built up on the panels - it may take several water/vinegar wash and rinse applications.

I haven't used any other products on my Blue Panels so I can't vouce for anyone elses remedies.
The water, vinegar, Back to Black application works for me and my Blue panels look better than new.

PS: also be sure to use a clean sponge or cloth when applying the Back to Black.
If not you'll just end up re-applying the same dirt you worked so hard to remove.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I see stuff like Forever Black, or Back to Black, but what can I use on my 2006 blue plastic panels? They look fadded, dull, and blotchy.

Peanut butter.
Swear to god. Go get some wax applicator pads, a jar of cheapo PB and go to town on them. Let it sit, repeat and then do a regular wash on them.

Should bring out the shine. The oil in the pB breaks down and "shines up" the panels.

Here is my old thread from Clubrsx (i am BankBoy)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=487846

·
Registered
98 Posts
blue panels

I've tried several protectants on my blue panels, but by far my favorite is the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. I bought mine from H&A for $4, and the stuff works great. I didn't like the Aerospace303 (or whatever that was) because it doesn't last long, and since my neighbor's sprinkler hits the car on most nights, most topical protectors just wash off...and streak and generally look horrible in the process.

When I bought my E last year, the panels were really faded and looked pretty bad -- I don't think it's ever lived in a garage -- but the Honda spray works wonders. I generally just spray the foam on evenly and walk away...done. So long as it's not in direct sunlight, it dries even and looks like new for weeks. You can also spray it onto a cloth and rub it into the panels, and it tends to look a bit more even if you retentive, but the spray and walk method works for me. Either way, once it's dry, it outlasts any other treatment I've found, and it's CHEAP through H&A. I highly recommend it.

Cheers,
B

Spray Cleaner & Polish
Genuine Factory Honda spray cleaner and polish. Honda spray cleaner & polish both cleans and polishes with one easy application. Cleans and polishes all plastic, chrome, aluminum and painted surfaces.
12 Ounce can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts