Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow E Owners!

What was the most recent movie you watched?
What would you rate it from a scale of 1(Bad)to 10(Epic)?
A few thoughts about it

I'll start.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

6.7/10

Saw this last week with the wife and I was really hoping for more from Guy Ritchie. The wife loved it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with 2 of Hollywoods prettiest actors in in. The movie had good scenes and stunts but was lacking in on screen chemistry.The banter was good between the two but something was lackin. I also wish the pace of the movie was a little better.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Poltergiest

The wife and I watched the remake of Poltergiest....wasn't too bad...a more modern take but still a lot of the original in it....7/10??

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Devil's Knot
7.5 out of 10

It's based on a true story about the three boys allegedly murdered by three teens in 1993 in Arkansas. The film leans more towards the fact that the cops got the wrong guys, which is what most folks believe anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellow E Owners!

What was the most recent movie you watched?
What would you rate it from a scale of 1(Bad)to 10(Epic)?
A few thoughts about it

I'll start.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

6.7/10

Saw this last week with the wife and I was really hoping for more from Guy Ritchie. The wife loved it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with 2 of Hollywoods prettiest actors in in. The movie had good scenes and stunts but was lacking in on screen chemistry.The banter was good between the two but something was lackin. I also wish the pace of the movie was a little better.
If you haven't seen Baby Driver... you should! It's such a good movie. I think it was just last year when it was released. Go check it out.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
"Used Cars" with Kurt Russell. I've easily watched 30 times. Fucking hilarious. Still makes me laugh.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
733 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of Hollywood; most of what they put out these days is re-cycled versions of something from the past!

The last time I paid to see a movie in a theater was Apollo 13!

My all time favorite movie is American Graffiti.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Last movie I watched is a new movie called "Yesterday".
Didn't know anything about the film...was a nice surprise.

Recommend it.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
733 Posts
When Jeff Tried To Save The World. It has been out for 2 years already, but I just discovered it.

By far the best part of it is the Bowling Alley, where they did about 2/3 of the filming, was the very same bowling alley in my old home town where I grew up as a kid! I have a ton of history in this place! My dad teaching me how to bowl there at about age 11, my Saturday afternoon teen Bowling league in 1975, my dad's team winning their league championship there about a year later. The memories just came flooding back! :)

But without the Bowling alley connection, the movie itself is kind of a yawner! Typical Hollywood story, plot, mediocre acting, etc. But seeing all the different scenes in that bowling alley, which still looks pretty much the same as it did back in the day, was absolutely Great! You can watch it for free on YouTube.

Here's an interesting article about the movie and the place that was in the local newspaper. The same man is still running the place since 1960! His 2 sons who I went to grade school with still manage most of it! Check it out:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts