Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Saturn which has 275,000 miles would have been my trade for the Element. They offered me 100 bucks for the Saturn. :p So I suppose I'm going to have to sell it in the paper, or just give it away.

Still waiting on the guys to stick AC in the Element. I'll get it on Tuesday... then a road trip on Friday!

Keith

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went one dealer and was offered 6,500 for my trade in(Volks Golf GLS with 100, 000 kms) and walked an got 10, 000 at another as well as getting them to throw in remote keyless entry.
Both were asking MSRP.
It pays to hold on and shop around.
Good luck,
:D

Nick

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, 275,000 miles! I just sold my Saturn a few weeks ago. It had just over 276,000 miles on it. I sold it for $800 (the body was perfect and everything worked).

Hope I can get the same level of reliability and durability from my Element. Early indications look good.

Like you, the dealer offered me almost nothing ($200). So I went without a trade-in.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We did not trade in anything. We had considered trading in our 15 year old trooper, but figured that we would have to pay them to take it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another soul with a Saturn that had 275,000 miles! Then trading in for an Element. It is amazing that we both didn't turn around and get another Saturn. It was time for a change, right? And the Element was just too cool.

Well maybe I can get $800. I doubt it. I was just told the brakes were going to cost $700 to fix. It's smoking. Drinking oil. Out of inspection. I do love that car though. It's taken me what amounts to around the world 10 or so times.

But new days are here. There is a new beautiful blue thing in my garage. I am hoping for a lot of summer beach trips with lotsa room and fun!

We have already planned a camping trip for the weekend.

BTW: I just got the element tonight. I'm a little excited...

Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
I traded in my 99 Dodge Dakota with 64000 miles. The dakota had a V8 in it and got terrible gas milage. Im loving my new Element.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I also traded a dakota v8. the dealer gave me wholesale. Not the best deal considering we bought 2 elements at the same time. Are you having any regrets with giving up the clearance. :?:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I really do miss the power of the Dakota especially passing on the highway. The clearance is rather low on the Element considering it is supposed to be an "extreme sports" type vehicle. Overall I'm very please with it though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I traded in my 2001 Tiburon which I LOVED and still owed 11,000 on but only had about 8K in miles and they gave me 13,000 and my new E. What Tiburon??? 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I traded in a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I was not really happy with the gas mileage and the Jeep was really losing value. I should have looked at Consumer Guide before I purchased the Jeep. Anyway I wanted to get back into Hondas which I had before. I turned in my 2000 Dodge Dakota also and got my wife the new CRV and turned in my son's 2001 Dodge pickup and got him a new Honda Accord. We are not a Honda family for good. Gas mileage is up, hopefully reliability and long term ownership for these vehicles will last us a long time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I traded in our '98 Dodge Ram 1500. I think it had about 60k on it, I liked the Dodge but what a gas hog. Plus with two youngsters under 10. The Element is just what the doctor ordered. I can actually park in a parking lot again and I can't wait until break up (Alaska), rubber on the floor (I always wanted to do that). A car with drainage, know thats what I'm talkin about. :!:

·
Registered
894 Posts
The dealers would not offer me anything decent for my 2000 Chevy S-10. Privately it would go for $18K CAD. One dealer actually offered me $9.5K even tho I said the residual on the truck was $14K. Needless to say I did not go back to them.

Iskie

·
Registered
73 Posts
Traded my 2000 CRV for the E. Got 13,200 and had 28,000 miles on it, almost perfect condition (couple of scrapes on paint job). Didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling it myself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I traded in a new Toyota Tacoma to get the E. I just had to have it once I saw it. I could not be happier. Guess I just am not a pickup person and I missed owning a Honda. My dealer would not give me a good price so I went to huge used car buyer/seller and they gave me a good price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded in my '92 Civic and had to settle for a mere $500 for it. I could have taken it to Carmax and probably picked up a couple hundred more bucks, but it's not in the greatest shape and has no AC, so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Hopefully the Element will last me 10+ as well. Gotta love the Hondas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I traded in my 1998 Cavalier Z24. It had 85,000 km's on it. The dealer gave me $7800 for it. I was pretty happy. I loved my Cavalier, but the little problems were starting to get bigger...In GM style. I was talking to Phil Edmundston and he said I was lucky to have gotten this far with the Cavalier...And he also said that he has heard nothing but good things about the E!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I traded in my 1990 Isuzu Trooper. It had 160,000 miles on it. It ran pretty well but puddled oil every time I parked it. It is all relative in you final price but my dealer said $500 and on the sales slip after negotiation it said I was getting $1000 for it so who knows. :roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
From almost every experience I've ever had trading in a vehicle, they (almost always) screw a buyer. So, I'll be selling my '98 Chrysler Concorde LXI outright. And, I reallly hope it does'nt take long!!

So, if anyones interested.....*lol*

Angie :D

OH, and does anyone know where I can find info on the invoice of a new Element?? Thanks :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts