Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new or used Element and was wondering what the extended warranty is worth on certified used honda's.
I have found a new 09 ex still on a dealer lot with standard warranty. I have also checked out some local dealers and found some EX and SC's with inder 20,000 miles but with the certified warranty.
So I was wondering what the dollar amount is on the certified warranties. Would it be worth it to get used vs new for warranty purposed, taking into consideration that the list price is the same,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
In the end, you PAY for that warranty. If you look up the vehicle on edmunds.com, you will see that the "Certified" vehicle is about $1000 more (depending on year). I DID go with an extended warranty when I bought mine new, but, there are MANY EOCers that disagree with the expenditure. When buying new, you can always purchase and extended warranty up until the standard one runs out, if you feel it's worth the cost (plus, you don't finance it). Many recommend, if you do, to go with Hondacare, not a local dealer-backed warranty. If you move, like I did, it may create hassles trying to get coverage (LOTS of phone calls, etc.). :x;-):roll:
It's more for your piece (or is it peace?) of mind in the end. :razz::razz:

Hope this helps...... :)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Toaster,
I am not a extended warranty guy to begin with, but I believe that it is in the price of the used cars and will take that in mind when negociating, I figure that is another way to lower the price of a dealer car. The Elements I have found and am interested in are below 20000 miles and still have the factory warranty. I drive way to much to pay for something I will out drive in a couple of years.(about 40000 miles a year:twisted:).
I will be paying cash so that I hope will help.
Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts