Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used several different products with varying results. What I would like is a product that will make my tires black (not necessarily shiney) but not end up all over the sides of the vehicle once I get rolling. What do you use?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the Miguires stuff that is supposed to last 2 weeks that you put on with a sponge. I don't think it last quite that long, but it looks very nice for at least a week. Also it smells good (like grapes) when you use it. :D

Black Magic also has something like it.

Personaly, I don't like the spray on tire suff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My brother swears by this product called Protect All at this website http://www.protectall.com/pawax.htm

It works on every surface and doesn't leave streaks. He even says it works better than glass cleaner because it doesn't leave any streaks.

Looks like you can get a trial size on the secure online store, or depending on where you live you can go pick some up at a store.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i bought a product called 'Tire Gel'. it is applied with a 'tire sponge' and seems to stick very well. ( in my rexperience armourall lasted about an hour the turtle wax tire wet lasted a couple of days and this stuff lasted for about a week... )

i will have to look up the manufacturer...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I bought the Meguiar's and it is much better than the Armour All products I've used in the past. With both the regular Armour All and their tire dressing, as soon as I drive away the damn stuff comes out of every nook and cranny and spots up the side of the truck. Since its black, it shows every spot like a neon light! The Meguiar's didn't come off like that and I am quite happy about that. A little did spray up on the sides of the truck this morning because of dew developing on the tires overnight. But the spotting was minimal and the tires still look good.

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:db441dd13f="T Mac"]I generally use Wet'n Black® Black Tire Dressing from Turtle Wax. Seems to work fairly well.[/quote:db441dd13f]

me too...makes it clean and black. If I want it to shine, then I get that foaming spray that they sell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wet N BLack ( I think) makes a shine that has color glitter in it. Its a fine texture but looks great in the sunlight. I have silver for my silver E, but they make red, black and blue. I will check the manufacture and post again

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wet N Black lasted almost 2 weeks on my tires. (There is some minimal fade over 2 weeks of Jersey sun and rain) Blows away Turtle Wax 2001 for tire applications. I apply with a sponge and try to let dry to reduce fly-off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used ArmorAll Gel. It comes with an applicator and an orange bottle. It works pretty well..... stays on for quite a while... like 3 weeks .. but shorter if exposed to water. You just have to apply it yourself... not a hard task.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I feel that the best product is just your ownd use motor oil.
It's the best in my opinon.:D
And you can use it for spinning your tires infront of you home.
It's what I like to do, when I'm board.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts