Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:165ce3c68a="dexter19"]my mother in law :twisted:[/quote:165ce3c68a] :mrgreen:
...I thought that answer was funny........not sure why since I love my mother in-law and she is not by any means overweight... 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really enjoyed the trailer picture! But on a serious note, I hauled a 16 foot speedboat a short distance and I was sure aware that it was back there!!!!+

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am planning to move from Houston to North Carolina in August and have ordered a hitch to install. I then plan to tow a 4x8 foot UHaul trailer for 1200 miles. The manual states that the max towing capacity is 1500lbs and that the max weight is 625 lbs which will include all passengers and the head weight of the trailer. THey warn that any more weight than this will put strain on the chasis and engine. I just got my E 2 weeks ago and don't want to damage it. Am I posing any serious threat to my Eledment by towing this load?

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know. But it pulled it like a champ.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm especially interested in this topic. I'm a weekend DJ and I gave up a Safari van for my E, don't get me wrong, I love the car and I can get a decent amount of sound equipment in it but, alas, there's no way I can do the really big shows anymore without a trailer. Once I had a Toyota Corolla and I could tow a 14 ft. fishing boat with it ,so I'm assuming I should be able to tow a smaller trailer. Any replies are welcome before I decide to put a hitch on. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have installed my hitch and wiring. I leave in a couple weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have asked around as much as I can about what it might do to the E and everyone has more or less said, if you stay below the load limits the E should be fine. I hope so, cause I'll be very near the limiits if not slightly over. But it saves me $1000.

·
Registered
176 Posts
14" boston whaler rage jet boat & trailer... had no problems pulling it, shut off the O/D on one steep hwy hill to prevent lots of shifting... notices i was better off without cruise control, i could modulate the gas and keep it just above the down shift (while speed dropped from 70-60) but prevented lots of shifting.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Believe me, a hitch gives you so much more flexibility and utility, and isn't that part of the Element's charm is it's utility in a simple form? Don't be like me and get the Draw-Tite hitch, do yourself a favor and get the Hidden Hitch. The Draw-Tite hitch hangs down a couple of inches where the Hidden HItch is more flush.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I tow my jetski trailer, with a single ski it's 880, with 2 it's 1300. Haven't tried it with 2 yet, but will soon. With just the single ski, it's hardly noticeable except for the drawbar rattling because I have very little tongue weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 16' boat and a small trailer, about the size and looks of Zarathustra's. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the lake from our house. Would the element hold up pulling the boat and trailer as well as hauling about 350lbs in internal cargo? This could be a major selling point with my family. If this could pull our boat once a week or so I just might be able to get my way. All replies are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i would never use my element to tow anything
first of all..it has only 1500 lbs towing capacity
secondly..my jeep xj can tow up to 5000 lbs...
so... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
We tow a small sailboat with no problems, total weight with trailer is approximately 1,000 pounds. The Element (an EX automatic) handled it easily, even for an extended trip of 1200 miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts