Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife seems to remember reading that the front passenger seat rotates to face the back. I remember reading somewhere that the back of of the front passenger seat adjusts somehow to face the back.

So...what's the deal with the front passenger seat? Are we even close--or is the front passenger seat just a front passenger seat?

It would certainly be cool if at least one of the seats could face the rear when parked.

Scott

·
Registered
608 Posts
Scott,

Sorry, the front seat does not spin around. It reclines fine, but it does not face the back.

It would be great for someone needing to get to the back seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw/read about the reversing front seat somewhere too, but I guess it was a feature of one of the prototypes that never made it into the final production model. Along with the wireless internet and navigation system I saw in some of the early reviews. That would have been so cool! Maybe someday....

·
Registered
608 Posts
The navigation system would be great. They do make after market ones, but a built in one would be something I would have jumped at.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I too wanted those goodies too (the naviagtion, internet & the rotating front seat).. i read about these on the Canada site for the Element..

From what I have been told by some dealers is that Canada Honda & USA Honda are different entities, so what they have we most likely won't

Odds are it might have tied into safety standards or other issues, which is a bummer!

Though i don't have those neat items, i love my element.. and who knows what the next generation of elements might bring us??

Perhaps that is the USA deal that they want to keep enticing us, and they will add the nav next generation, then 2 years later or for the next generation add the internet.. then pop the spinning seat for us.. the inhumanity of it all.

But this is what I have noticed, they bring the cool new vehicle out, and grab everyones interest, to keep the interest (get new customers or the old ones to trade up) they add something wicked, or improve the engine, or something..

Come'on Honda has to have something like this, when the cars last forever, and all they need some kind of ploy!

With the American cars falling apart before you pay them off, they have the gimmick of have all the stuff now.. but the poor owners are hooked into buying another one cause you are brainwashed into buying another of the same car or same line.. (perhaps they have some odor that brainwashes them that is piped into the car, i have not totally figured that out yet) ... smiles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
but the poor owners are hooked into buying another one cause you are brainwashed into buying another of the same car or same line..
I have owned a Dodge, Pontiac, Ford, and VW. And it has actually been Honda that has brainwashed me. I now have 120,000 miles on my '03 E and have done nothing but replace tires and oil (for the most part). After 60,000 miles i had to start dumping crap loads of money into my previous american cars. I love my E, and when it dies, i will buy another.

WOW!!! THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!!! I HAVE TO START PAYING ATTENTION!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I could retrofit with power seat

I've been trying for quite some time to find some safe alternative to the crappy seats they put in my car. I would love to try and drop the electric seat from a CRV or something in, but honda wont do it. I will keep looking though. There has to be a way. :-(

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Gabacho.

I've been trying for quite some time to find some safe alternative to the crappy seats they put in my car. I would love to try and drop the electric seat from a CRV or something in, but honda wont do it. I will keep looking though. There has to be a way. :-(
There's always a way. It just depends on how much money and effort you're willing to put into the problem.

Did you see this recent thread?
Looking to replace drivers seat but have a few questions.

Cross-postings removed.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,920 Posts
This reminds me of a former boss, who sold a company car to an employee, and when he rode in it a few years later, wondered what happened to the FM radio it never had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts