Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right. After it was suggested in another thread:
Nominating the worst ever civilian vehicle(s) you've ever had to work on.

I'm nominating the Chevy Corvette for body work and anything with "Mercedes" on it for mechanicals.
My father just informed me that he once worked on a Fiat (model unknown) where he had to drop the engine out in order to change the oil filter. Apparently, they expected the engine to wear out before the oil filter needed changing? I'm sure glad I didn't go in to the car business...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ok, as a bodyman, I have many auto enemies but the BMW X5 is pretty terrible. You have to take the fender off the car to remove the headlight!

The new Ford Fusion front ends can suck it.

Tesla sucks too.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Agree with BB ^^^. The boxster style motors are a bear. V6 Saturns are also ridiculous (i.e identical to the Saab V6). Took 6.5 hours to remove the stupid starter (bottom bolt wasn't visible and was torx, though top required 12" extender and was standard, was hard to reach). BTW, it was the ignition relay in the column (bastard).

·
Registered
28 Posts
A friend of mine's a mechanic and he said BMWs are really hard to work with. On the other hand, he told me, Volkswagens are a piece of cake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd nominate pretty much anything German, with a broader scope of European cars in general. It's as though the Germans design a car with the following mindset: "why use two parts when eight will do?"

Also, many FWD minivans are terrible to work on, and my GMC Sonoma with the 4.3L V-6 and 4wd is difficult as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts