Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
My seat is cracking too. I think it is because they used a new kind of material and testing didn't show any problems. It's only a little bit on my drivers side seat. I've only heard this about the '03 and '04's.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Add '05 to the list. My driver's side seat is starting to get that little crack/tear thing going. It isn't too big or too bad yet. I figure if it gets too terrible, it'll be a good excuse to get some of those Wet Okole seat covers... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, My 06 is all jacked up too. Hey, what about the floor board bubbling up. Anybody have that issue as well?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I notice a lot of complain on pre-07 fabric tearing, specially on the side portion of the seat. Just wondering anyone with 07+ has fabric tearing issue?

I know Honda used rubber-feel-like FXC material for the side portion of pre-07, I believe for 07+ this side portion FXC material is changed to more canvas like FXC material.

Maybe this is non-issue for newer model?;-)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
If you do a search in this section you will find a few threads addressing this very issue
I have a 2003 and have the same problem
I just bought the front OEM seat covers and covered up the problem.

Honda's testing didn't match real life wear and tear...............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Front sear Fray

Not a tearing issue, but I have an 08 and the driver side seat is starting to fray. I purchased the car just over 1 year ago and was told by a dealer that it was not covered. Seems a little ridiculous that the seat is starting to wear down when it's not even a year old.

I notice a lot of complain on pre-07 fabric tearing, specially on the side portion of the seat. Just wondering anyone with 07+ has fabric tearing issue?

I know Honda used rubber-feel-like FXC material for the side portion of pre-07, I believe for 07+ this side portion FXC material is changed to more canvas like FXC material.

Maybe this is non-issue for newer model?;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts