Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how it happened, but my steering wheel is not quite centered anymore. I don't recall hitting any sidewalks or anything, but I'd like to get that fixed. The car isn't pulling on one side or the other, but the wheel just isn't quite centered anymore.

I took it to Honda (here in France ...) and they claim (which I tend to beleive) that they couldn't do the necessairy wheel alignment correction because they don't have the Element steering specifications.

They requested those to their Honda "corporate" contacts and should get them in few days, but I was wondering if any one of you guys knew what these wheel adjustement specifications/settings consist of for the E?

I'm now thinking I didn't look in the Service Manual to see if they were there :( I'll look tonight.

Thanks for any insight.

Vince.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, looks like this was too basic.
Looking at the Service Manual, they should just need what I can see on page 18-4:
Caster Angle: 1.5deg.+/-1deg.
Camber Angle: Front -0.13deg. +/- 45', Rear -1deg. +/-45'
Front Toe-in: 0 +/- 3mm
Rear Toe-in: 2 +2/-1mm
Turning Angle: Inward 40.05deg., Outward 32.16deg.

I hope that's all they'll need.

Thanks,

Vince.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ramblerdan, vbourdin is from France I for one don't know if the Element is sold in France.
vbourdin did you by chance import your Element?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
T

ramblerdan, vbourdin is from France I for one don't know if the Element is sold in France.
vbourdin did you by chance import your Element?
Yes, that's the thing, I imported it from Boston and the E makes quite a lot of heads turn over here, including mechanics, who sometimes don't want to just hack away at "fixing" such a strange looking and unique car (Iexpect not even a dozen here in france... and yes I know France is about the size of Rhode Island bla bla bal ..., but still)

This is why I planned (from the day I made the hard decision to import it over) to do a lot of things myself, especially regular maintaince work, but wheel alignement is another deal.

Looks like I'm going to take it to a local shop with my service manual and hope caster, camber and all that manbo jumbo mean something to them.

Thanks,

Vince.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts