Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've found a set of used oem 2010 Nissan Maxima rims/tires and they look pretty good for an affordable price. Upon doing some research they do share the same lug pattern as the E, and are high offset just like the E. The problem is the oem wheels for the E are 16x6.5 and the Nissan's are 18x8.5. I feel as though it is extremely likely the wheels would not fit without spacers (I don't prefer to ever have to run spacers), that is an extra 2 inches of wheel towards the inside of the car/suspension components. Hoping someone can confirm that they would rub on the car on turns/hit the suspension components so that I don't feel bad about letting them go. Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maxima is front drive offset, it could possibly fit. I cant remember the offset but its in the +40's

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I just popped over to tirerack and checked what they sell for replacement wheels for both models. They want to sell 18x8 with a 38mm offset for the Element and 18x8 with 48mm for the Nissan.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The problem is the oem wheels for the E are 16x6.5 and the Nissan's are 18x8.5. I feel as though it is extremely likely the wheels would not fit without spacers (I don't prefer to ever have to run spacers), that is an extra 2 inches of wheel towards the inside of the car/suspension components.[/B]
Assuming that both wheels share the same offset, the Maxima's rims will sit 1" closer to the inside and stick out 1" more vs the E's stock rims. Nissans and Hondas use different size center bores, so it would be a good idea to get hub rings that will reduce to what the Element needs (if you get them).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
or, if we use the Element SC wheels (18 x 7 with et=45) as reference, the Maxima wheels, if the et=45, will be 0.75 closer to suspension and 0.75 closer to fender. or, we could push it out further to have wheels 1.0 closer to fender and 0.5 closer to suspension if the effective et of the Maxima wheels is 33mm.
i doubt the Maxima wheels can have that effective offset without a spacer.
as to using spacers, we have them on both of our Elements and used spacers on the CR-V before i got wheels with the offset i wanted. just make sure the quality is good and that they are hub centric. for 10mm spacers, you will probably also need longer studs. at 20mm, the spacers should come with built-in studs. 15mm spacers can be problematic as if you use spacers with built-in studs, the OEM studs may be longer than 15mm and not allow the wheel to properly mate to the spacer (depends on back of wheel design). trying to use studless 15mm spacers would require replacing the OEM studs with extra long studs, which i don't like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts