Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking around the forums and I thought for sure I'd find an answer to this, with all of the wheel swaps I see happening. I need to ask though just so I'm clear...

I need to replace tires on my Element soon. My wife's Element has fairly good treads still, but it's the one we're going to be doing lots of road trips in, so I'd like it to have new tires more than mine which is just a 4 mile home/work commuter typically.

My thoughts are, to swap my wheels and tires with the wifes, giving my car more tread life. Then, taking her E down to get brand new tires on (in place of what were my tires).

My hesitation is, would this cause issues with the TPMS in the rims, being moved from one E to the other?

I'm doing this because I only want to have to spend the $500 on new tires for one E right now, and with the little driving I don on mine, the tires she's got now would last it another 6 months to a year easy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote--My hesitation is, would this cause issues with the TPMS in the rims, being moved from one E to the other?

You can get them reprogrammed to correspond with each Element. Some Costco tire shops have that tool, if you get tires there, they will do it for free. Or just get them to swap out the sensors. Are the rims different?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't see any reason to move the rims if they are just stock rims and you're going to have to pay to reset the TPMS anyway - just get new tires for the one Honda, ask them to put the old tires from that one on the other.

When I got my winter (studded) tires changed to summer ones it cost me $60 all together for 4 tires, mounted, balanced and the TPMS reset. (My auto guy gives a good price to regular customers - I don't live within reach of Costco or even a Honda dealer).

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Okay, I'll be a little more specific:

If the TPMS sensors are put in the wheels that are going back on the Element (whatever they are) then there would be no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts