Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the largest diameter/depth wheel/tire combination is possible for an E :?:

Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Are you keeping the same rims? On the 16" rims you can put a 235/70/16 without any rubbing. Lots of discussion about this issue--try search.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:aaf6bdc58b="Symco"]Does anyone know what the largest diameter/depth wheel/tire combination is possible for an E :?:

Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?[/quote:aaf6bdc58b]

Tire Rack have good infos on this subject,

just go here and fill out make & model

Tire Rack will sugest what you will need, they'll help explains tread width, side-wall height ratio, rim off-set.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...=Honda&autoModel=Element+EX+4wd&autoYear=2003

Remember, if you increased tread width you have to decrease side-wall height.

For example OEM tire is 215/70/16 go to next size rim 17" tire size is, 225/65/17, 235/60/17, this will affect loading and handling.

Do not increase two sizes and kept height ratio the same, remember if you increase tread width you must decrease side-wall height. To keep speedometer and transmission happy.

As you increase tire size and decrease side-wall, you will lose the benefit of side-wall abilities to obsorb shocks. You'll feel imperfections in the road, but the trade off is great handling improve dramatically.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've recently put on 17" mags with 235/65/17 geolandar tires.

It did affect handling and road noise. It made handling alot better on corners amazingly enough, and road noise was greatly reduced.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:c399826544="KhoolhandZ"]I've recently put on 17" mags with 235/65/17 geolandar tires.

It did affect handling and road noise. It made handling alot better on corners amazingly enough, and road noise was greatly reduced.[/quote:c399826544]

That great!

Usually, increase in tire size would increase noise but with great advanced tire compounds help offset or reduce noise problems.

How much does the mags and tires set you back?

Enjoy,

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:5862f8e679="KhoolhandZ"]I got both mags and tires at wholesale from a friend, mounted, balanced and installed at around 250 canucks peso.[/quote:5862f8e679]

Man! That the kind of friends I wants to have.

You got the whole thing for the price of two tires, that is not just a good deal.
It a steal! :D

I am so envious,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts