Honda Element Owners Club banner

wheels that fit an "E":

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  syngledad36 
#1 ·
I think I read that wheels from other mfg.(jeep?) will fit an E.I want to pick up a 'winter set'...wheels & tires.Where I live we look forward (sarcasm) to the annual white stuff.I want winter wheels and tires as cheap as possible.Any info/help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Hey man... I was just through your neck of the woods last week. Quite the mountainous area!

Anyway, I'd bag trying to get some Jeep wheels. Hit up a local shop with some black steel rims, 16x6.5, 5x114, and slap a set of A/T on there or a dedicated snow tread like a Blizzak or Wintersport. Or, discounttire.com might be able to hook you up with a package. They're a site sponsor, or there's Tire Rack which also has packages.

-S

#4 ·
Not really familiar with a Jeep's wheel bolt pattern, but as long as it has the right bolt pattern it should fit. You might also need to worry about hub-centric versus non-hub centric... I'm not sure what category the E falls into. (maybe somebody else will be able to chime in with that answer.)

The rim width and offset need to also be correct. There's a bunch of factors you need to consider instead of just sticking a Jeep wheel onto your E. There's a user out here that has a set of 15" on his E, but has a crazy offset of like -12. Stock, the E has an offset of 45+ or 48+ (i forget which, but it's only a difference of 3mm, whatev), but the wheel style and backspacing are dictating the offset. Learn some more stats about the wheels you're trying to put on and where the E is coming from stock. TireRack has the wheel finder (specific to the E) which lists the wheel's offset and can give you an idea of what specs you're after.

The more you know, the less likely you are to damage your vehicle.

-S

#5 ·
I have 15" steel Cragars on my E. And yes, the offset is -12mm, so they stick out from the body by 2-3 inches. But that is the look that I want/like.

A jeep's bolt pattern is 5x4.5, so those will work. I test fitted a 92 wrangler wheel, and it DID NOT fit. The offset was wrong. If I was looking for some jeep wheels, I would look for some 17" ones, but I dont know if they have the right offset.

The Cragars that I have are the D-Window, and they seem to be the only ones that fit. -12 and -13mm offset work as well. They were really cheap ($50 each) and the tires came to be more than the wheel..

Let me know if you need more info or pics

#9 ·
I have 15" steel Cragars on my E. And yes, the offset is -12mm, so they stick out from the body by 2-3 inches. But that is the look that I want/like.

A jeep's bolt pattern is 5x4.5, so those will work. I test fitted a 92 wrangler wheel, and it DID NOT fit. The offset was wrong. If I was looking for some jeep wheels, I would look for some 17" ones, but I dont know if they have the right offset.

The Cragars that I have are the D-Window, and they seem to be the only ones that fit. -12 and -13mm offset work as well. They were really cheap ($50 each) and the tires came to be more than the wheel..

Let me know if you need more info or pics
I would like to see pic

#6 ·
no go on jeep wheels

the pattern works but they hit the brake calibers. I tried 3 different sets. I even but a 1/2 inch worth of washers on the lugs just to get an idea of how close i was and they still hit. look for something else by honda if your looking for an extra set. I found some old Acura TL wheels cheap and painted them up. My stock E wheels were in to good a shape to play body shop with

Attachments

#8 ·
the pattern works but they hit the brake calibers. I tried 3 different sets. I even but a 1/2 inch worth of washers on the lugs just to get an idea of how close i was and they still hit. look for something else by honda if your looking for an extra set. I found some old Acura TL wheels cheap and painted them up. My stock E wheels were in to good a shape to play body shop with
I will post some pics of my wheels when I get back from vacation.. Or try to spot me on the road in NYC/Queens.

My wheels are about 3mm away from the caliper, but they do fit, and they DONT hit anything (caliper or wheel well)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.