Honda Element Owners Club banner

When will you arrive in St. Louis for the national meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
When

There now...:-D I'll wait here for everyone....:)

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bring up a good point, Adam... and for those in the STL area please keep in mind that even though you live there PLEASE stop by as early as possible to "check in" and get your goodies, ESPECIALLY those of you who are going to the game on Friday night.

The plan is to pass out tickets at the meet in advance of the game and I do not want to be trying to find people at 3pm on Friday.

So please watch for some check-in times that we'll have open for sure and then try to make it out to see us early.

THANKS!

(Also, AdamSTL - you're still on my list to send something to soon.)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Dan's list!

Kayakin' Dan said:
Yeah Adam...You're on my list too.
SWEET!:D
This reminds me of a movie....8)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Kayakin' Dan said:
Yeah Adam...You're on my list too.
Hey! If your making a list, can I make some suggestions??:evil:
Or maybe just stick around until you check it twice....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'll be in town on Thursday. Just let me know when you need me for help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thursday also

Tardis

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thursday with the NJ/NY caravan :D

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again I say....

If you are arriving on Friday and plan to attend the ball game that night.... be sure you are there as early as possible or make arrangements with me in advance so I can get your tickets to you.

Right now, I'm thinking about being gone from the hotel by early afternoon and showing some people around downtown or hitting A. Busch for a tour first.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
We live about 1-1/2 hours from the hotel, so figure on us driving in to meet everyone for breakfast Saturday. We're staying there Saturday evening.

Word of warning if it hasn't been posted elsewhere - the combined I-55/I-70/I-64 bridge across the Mississippi is under construction, with lane closures in both directions. It's a mess. If you're arriving proximate to the evening rush you are better off to take I-270 for all arrivals from the east. Hotel is near the I-270/I-70 interchange (on the west side), so I-270 is a more direct shot, anyway.

(I used to work about a block or so from the hotel.)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Help

spdrcr5 said:
We need you on Tuesday to start putting up the party streamers and other decorations at the hotel. Does that work for you? :razz:
Let me know...I can help in advance...:cool:

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To add to what Mike said... there is indeed some construction on the bridge and I was also told that I-40 had construction as well but we didn't see anything from the hotel to downtown until we hit the bridge. I'm assuming it was due to the weekend because some construction "stuff" was on the side of the road. So, I'm hoping that's still the case for us on Friday and Saturday so those of us heading into the city can use either 40 or 70.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
And while I'm thinking about it...

...I-64 is also under construction for roughly the 10 miles east of the I-255 interchange. You need to watch your P's & Q's through there. Illinois State Police are getting extra-nasty about enforcing the construction zone speed limit, including photo radar and stationary laser with chase cars, the latter used even when there are no workers present, as I have seen firsthand.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts