Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had first oil change, tire rotate & balance on my '09 at the Honda dealer...

They did NOT adjust the tire pressure, per the label on the driver's side door.

(Front and back tire pressure #s are different..)

Is this something I should be worried about? Complain about?

We corrected ourselves, the next morning with cold tires...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'll keep a watch next time out. No big deal to make the pressure adjustments.....I guess I'm a bit sensitive to detail and thoroughness in the service area. I work in technical support service with big $ ticket equipment items, so when small details are missed, I hear about it!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Ok, dumb question.

You said this was your first oil change. So I am going to guess that it was performed somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 miles, correct? Why did they re-balance your tires? If this place was so diligent as to take your money for something that didn't need to be done, unless you complained about a vibration or the wheel weights all fell off... they should have also corrected your air pressures.

Sounds like a typical dealer that is trying to make some extra money in this economy by charging you for something that isn't necessary and then forgetting the small details that keep a customer coming back. :rolleyes:

What did they charge for this service? I would hope no more than $75.00

Oil Change: $24.95-$35.95
Tire rotation: $20.00
Re-balance: $40.00

I would hope the only thing you had to pay for was the oil change.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was $72 at the Honda dealer...no problems with vibration or anything...just that when I phoned in for the appointment and gave them the code number from the speedometer, he booked it as oil change and tire rot/bal...and duh I said OK....

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
It was $72 at the Honda dealer...no problems with vibration or anything...just that when I phoned in for the appointment and gave them the code number from the speedometer, he booked it as oil change and tire rot/bal...and duh I said OK....
Yes, he looked up what the DEALER has listed for X mileage. Don't ever go by what the dealer tells you is required for a particular service... unless they are literally quoting from your maintenance book.

If you were to read your maintenance book or register over at Owner Link you will see that there are very few things actually need to be done to keep your Honda running for many, many years and miles.

Just as an example, I will be rolling 130,000 in the next couple weeks. I have done oil changes every 5,000 mi, rotated by tires every 5-10,000 and changed out other fluids when required. I have replaced only my rear shocks, struts are fine. About to put on my 4th set of tires, also going to perform the first alignment ever... that is almost 6 yrs! lol It just drives perfectly straight. Done the brakes and replaced the front rotors once. It is all just wear items. Never once have I had to re-balance a wheel.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts