Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long should I wait to wax my car. My Element was built in April. Black EX.

What kind of wax/sealant would everyone recomend? Should I use wax, sealant, glaze, other?

What looks great, easy to put on and lasts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My E was built in April too. I plan on waxing it this weekend. I am going to use meguires medalian wax. Not really that much surface to wax due to all the molding. Let me know how yours works out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm not sure I have a good answer for you. It would depend a lot on your weather and how much exposure to the elements :wink: your car has had.

I think a very thorough waxing is a good investment for protection for your car, and you can bet that the waxing you'll do to your car will have better quality than the one they gave it at the factory or dealer. Once every 2 or 3 months seems to be about right, from what others have said.

From what I've read about products, Meguiar's seems to be the gold standard of products. They have specific product and technique recommendations for brand new paint at:

http://meguiars.com/collections/newpaint02.cfm

I wrote to them and asked specifically about the Element's body panels and they suggested Trim Detailer as a good product for keeping them producted and looking good.

I'm not paid by Meguiar's to say this. They just really seem to know their stuff.

:wink:

Tell us how the waxing comes out!

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:0af78b95d3="hinders03"]How long should I wait to wax my car. My Element was built in April. Black EX.

What kind of wax/sealant would everyone recomend? Should I use wax, sealant, glaze, other?

What looks great, easy to put on and lasts?[/quote:0af78b95d3]

I use Zaino Z-2, not a wax but it makes the paint look so wet and shiny, you'd think you could swim in it. Greatest stuff I have ever seen.Here's the link:http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can wax your new car right out of the factory, if you use
the right type of product!
I guess most any product will do, some higher end brands
like Mothers, Meguires, and Liquid glass are better.
My preference though, is Finish First polish!
It contains synthetic polymers, much like the paint itself.
There are no harmful organic or abrasive compounds.
It contains no wax, silicone, or teflon.
Requires no rubbing, and can be left on overnight or longer.
The longer the better! And wipes right off without buffing!
Used by professional detailers.
It comes with a money back guarranty, no questions asked!
Too bad it's not avalible in stores?
Wouldn't you know it?
I just happen to...............

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can wax at any time. The rule of thumb I've always heard about when to re-wax is when the drops of water are bigger than a nickle. My favorite combination now for a show quality but lazyman easy shine is:
1. First apply coat of Auto Glym Resin Polish and buff off.
2. Apply coat of p21s wax. Super easy to apply and take off if done in small sections (like a door or the hood). Apply and then immediately buff off.
Makes my EBP E look like its backlit!

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:cda8c8619f="hinders03"]How long should I wait to wax my car. My Element was built in April. Black EX.

What looks great, easy to put on and lasts?[/quote:cda8c8619f]

Easy, lasts and looks good? Klasse. Lasts up to six months depending on how harsh your weather is. It's sealer. I like P21S for cleaners.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote:890d4d0677="Slowhand"][quote:890d4d0677="hinders03"]How long should I wait to wax my car. My Element was built in April. Black EX.

What looks great, easy to put on and lasts?[/quote:890d4d0677]

I use Zaino Z-2, not a wax but it makes the paint look so wet and shiny, you'd think you could swim in it. Greatest stuff I have ever seen.Here's the link:http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm[/quote:890d4d0677]

I'll double that for Zaino as well. After using this stuff for my S2000, i'd never use anything else again. It's a lot of work for your first time, but once you go through the "setup" steps, simply Z2 it and you're done. I'm now using Zaino on my Civic, S2000, and my new Element :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote:27b18ce16d="Slowhand"][quote:27b18ce16d="hinders03"]How long should I wait to wax my car. My Element was built in April. Black EX.

What looks great, easy to put on and lasts?[/quote:27b18ce16d]

I use Zaino Z-2, not a wax but it makes the paint look so wet and shiny, you'd think you could swim in it. Greatest stuff I have ever seen.Here's the link:http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm[/quote:27b18ce16d]

With Zaino products to you complete the full regiment (i.e. Z1 Z2 Z5 Z6 and Z7 etc.). I have never used these products, but am interested in trying them. How is the long term maintenace? Do they wear well or am I reapplying weekly, monthly? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't work for any auto or wax company, so I don't want anything to think I am selling anything. But I have used Mothers Pure Carbauba for years on my cars and motorcycles and swear by it. It is pure wax, no cleaners.

Just passing along my experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With Zaino products to you complete the full regiment (i.e. Z1 Z2 Z5 Z6 and Z7 etc.). I have never used these products, but am interested in trying them. How is the long term maintenace? Do they wear well or am I reapplying weekly, monthly? Thanks.
After the initial prep for the Zaino, all that is needed is either a coat of Z2 or Z5. I use it once every 2 months. The Zaino stays and stays.... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.