Honda Element Owners Club banner

Where are the spark plugs?

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  E and a B 
#1 ·
Sp ... Where Are the Spark Plugs

I know I don't need to know anytime soon but curiosity got the best of me. Under which of the 2 black plastic pieces are the plugs under? Anyone know where I can see a diagram?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Re: Sp ... Where Are the Spark Plugs

That was my guess. Man, spark plug wires sure have changed, I was looking for those relatively fat insulated kind.

Discussion starter · #6 ·

E-nigma said:
If you have to ask, or can't figure this out yourself, you shouldn't be under the hood anyway. :roll:
Well thats certainly easy to take the swipe. I've done alot under the hoods of cars. I haven't owned a new one since 1993. Even an apparent expert such as yourself would realize how different this one looks to cars/trucks of that era and older. As I said the plug "wires" don't even resemble ones I've seen hence the question. :roll:

Discussion starter · #9 ·

lizzurd said:
If anything it means fewer moving parts since it does away with the distributor.
Does an ECM (or other acronym for onboard computer) tell the coils-plugs when to fire? I agree the doing away with the distributor is a good thing. My old '78 Civic burned points regularly. Replacing them was easy just not fun.

Discussion starter · #11 ·

lizzurd said:
All of the newer honda's use a pick up off the crank to fire the plugs.

Id love to be able to pick up an old civic.....had a blast driving one i borrowed for the weekend.
The '78 was my first Honda car. My dad and I took it to Vegas and got 41 mpg. My dad was shocked at the mileage, he bought an Accord within a year of that :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.