Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer last week looking for an AWD EX with Nav in Tango Red Pearl. Not only was the lot empty of Elements except for an 06, my internet sales guy found only 1 TRP with what I wanted in 10 surrounding states. He didn't know at the time if this was a sold unit or for dealer stock. He couldn't tell me when my choice might become available. The only upside is he agreed on invoice. Checking further, I found only 4 in Indy area dealer inventory (4 dealers).

So what's up with that?? I know Honda sold less than 14,000 E's last year, but doesn't it make sense that if they are readily available, more could be sold?? Has anyone seen my next Toaster? Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
There aren't many. It was easier to find leftover 09's than 10's at dealers in NJ I found. Mine was found 67 miles away at another dealership and we did a swap to get it. I was told that another woman ordered a royal blue '10 and the dealer couldn't find a single one in a 4 state radius. Honda needs to get with the program!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It took me well over a month to find my E. I knew it's what I wanted, but trying to find one (in IL) was nearly impossible. My dad's friend does used sales for numerous Chicago dealers, and it still took me that long to find it, but well worth the wait. They are few and far between these days, one or two may pop up here and there, but haven't seen any in Tango Red Pearl, good luck with the search and hope you find one soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tango Reds in Lisle, IL

FYI, there are two Tango Red Elements at Honda of Lisle (IL). One is an EX (the showroom floor display model), and the other is an LX. I almost bought the LX, but decided on Polished Metal instead. Link:

http://www.hondaoflisle.com/new-inv...&SBtrim=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

Call salesman Bob Gross (direct) 630-544-4788, who is great to work with. Tell him Jon Cunningham sent you. I could use the $50. ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
JUST GOT MY 10 last week!!

What a time it was finding one until I met this salesperson Keith Onyshczak at Burne Honda in Scranton Pa. 1800-822-2110

tell him Rich with the new 10 sent you!!

He searched other dealers and had a member of the staff drive 2hrs away to pick up the vehicle for me.

I made the deal with him on Monday and drove it away by wed.
and it was thanksgiving week.

AMAZING!!!

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, there are two Tango Red Elements at Honda of Lisle (IL). One is an EX (the showroom floor display model), and the other is an LX. I almost bought the LX, but decided on Polished Metal instead.

Call salesman Bob Gross (direct) 630-544-4788, who is great to work with. Tell him Jon Cunningham sent you. I could use the $50. ;-)
Thanks Jon, I appreciate that! The 2 TRPs you mention don't have Navi, but I see they have 2 available in other colors. Hmmmm.... In 07 my GF and I bought her Accord and my E from the sister store in Joliet. They are indeed great folks to work with. I'll see what I can do to get you that $50!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go for the Polished Metal Navi

Go for the Polished Metal Metallic Navi! It's an awesome "color" that looks way different in sunlight than it does on overcast days. I'm really pleased with my PMM LX. And, as the dealership says, "it's worth your while to come to Lisle." They have outstanding service there. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Yesterday I dropped by a local dealer to check out a PMM EX they had to view the color. Very nice, Jon, I can see why you like it. While I was waiting for the sales guy to bring that E around, I spotted a Tango Red at the far end of the lot. I strolled over and found it was an 09 EX-AWD with Nav. It was a CPO with 15,000 miles on the clock. I ended up driving that and decided I really did want to stay with TRP. This is the one I want.

The price wasn't though! WOW, are those E's holding their value or what? I talked them down some, but still, with the factory and finance incentives, new is the way to go for me. Today I got a call from my loyal and up-front internet sales guy at Penske Honda, Mr. Song Park. He told me he could get a TRP for me in January. I told him to go for it. I already have a Palladium Metallic Acura TL Tech SH-AWD in the garage and could use a little more color, I think! I hope he looks into being a preferred dealer for the EOC because there is no one in Indiana - he has been a real pleasure to work with on prior deals.

So now I wait. Meanwhile, I have started a list of mods/costs of what I will hang on my E. Tortuga Rojo returns!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go Rojo!

Glad you found what you want. With a name like Rojo, metallic gray would probably not work for you. Telltale signs seem to point to no more E's after 2010, or maybe 2011. Get 'em while you can. I'm sure glad I did.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had to drive 100 miles to Baltimore to get the one I wanted, but there are a handful of '10s in stock in the DC area.
I concur. Not many out this way. Several had none. The dealer I bought from only had three (an LX, an EX and an EX/Navi, which I happily took off his hands).

Interesting story: The guy told me that another salesman had an inquiry from someone in Hawaii (!) for that exact E, but they couldn't come in until after Christmas. They weren't going to hold it that long, but she had the paper work all ready and if it was still unsold by then they could have it.

If this is true, I think I ruined some Hawaiian's Christmas!

So... Mele Kalikimaka!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update Pt Deux

Jon, I followed your lead and spoke with Bob at Honda Lisle. We made a deal on the CPB EX AWD w/Nav and I will be picking it up Monday. He is indeed a GREAT guy to deal with. Enjoy the $50!

·
Registered
22 Posts
just bought a 2010 polished metal lx a couple of days ago in los angeles area.........was going to get a ex, but.........no one had one, anywhere close, so my wife thought maybe the orange, nada, zip........ok how about silver, same story, ended up getting the lx figuring id put a different stereo and wheels on it anyway

as for the resale........yeah its crazy stupid rediculous, after talking to several different dealers, i purchased a 10 for less than the leftover 09's i found, and couldn't even talk a dealer down on a 09 demo with 6000 miles

why would i pay more for a 09 demo with 6,000 miles than for a new 10???
dealers are crazy

the pmm color wasn't what i set out for, but after really looking at it, I really love it, it blends in with the plastic trim well and its heavy on the metallic, very cool color

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not mine, but this is the first 10 SC I've seen.
Didn't realize that the SC had all the black trim painted body color! Had to look on the Honda website.
Caught at the Las Vegas Fry's.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's My SC! It's A 2009!!!

That's My 2009 Omni Blue Pearl SC "EOC4ME"!!!

Not mine, but this is the first 10 SC I've seen.
Didn't realize that the SC had all the black trim painted body color! Had to look on the Honda website.
Caught at the Las Vegas Fry's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts