Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Elements are produced in East Liberty, Ohio. Engines are built in the US and the transmissions are still built in Japan.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From what I understand the only Honda facility in NC is in Burlington and they only make power equipment (lawn mowers, etc.). The only Honda auto facilities in the U.S. are in Ohio (I think).

·
Registered
894 Posts
We also assemble Honda vehicles in Canada. I understand the Odyssey is built in Alliston.

·
Registered
5 Posts
funny thing, my friend is waiting for the delivery of is black Element. Dealer told him it was being assemble in England ?!!?!. :?: :!:

He will be receiving is E by boat sometime next month...

I think the Dealer is pulling a fast one!!

anybody else heard this one ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
[quote:a998bf5f19="Slowhand"]Anybody willing to organize a tour of the East Liberty Plant? It would be a neat trip.[/quote:a998bf5f19]

All tours have been suspended until further notice!
I called weeks ago and checked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
[quote:a1e9fa6fac="wr70beh"]Hmmm, I wonder why? I wonder if this "homeland security" has anything to do with it?[/quote:a1e9fa6fac]

That's what I assumed!
They are suppose to notify me if they resume.

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:357b42d004="CincyElement"][quote:357b42d004="wr70beh"]Hmmm, I wonder why? I wonder if this "homeland security" has anything to do with it?[/quote:357b42d004]

That's what I assumed!
They are suppose to notify me if they resume.[/quote:357b42d004]

Please keep us informed. A trip to Ohio would be very nice!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm finally able to get to the internet again! Now I can share this with all of you.

We are in the process of moving from Boston, MA to Tempe, AZ and on out way across the country we stopped in East Liberty, OH.
------

------

We just pulled up to the gate and were allowed to proceed to the lobby. We tried to take pictures of the outside but were stopped, this is the best we could do:
------

------

We talked to the tour coordinator / public relations person and it turns out the main reason they don't give tours in the summer is because all the new models are being built at the time and they don't want to let the "secrets" out, like new colors, new features, etc. Tours will be resumed in the fall, around August.

-Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts