Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
i'm 99.9% sure that h and a has the locking gas cap.
they support this site and have done a fanatastic job with everything i've ordered from them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had the same experience at a Honda with a parts person, and this was after I ordered one from the dealer. When I called in to check on it's status, the person I talked to said no, Honda doesn't make them and when I went to pick it up. I then had to patiently tell him, that yes Honda does, read him out my sales invoice number and then get in return a sheepish oh, yes your part is in.

Honda doesn't make them for other cars is my guess and the part is new, so they haven't had enough requests for one for it to register with the parts people that one actually exists.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Genuine Honda E locking gas cap stock #: 17680-SAA-G00, $31.00

Got mine at Kolbe Honda in Reseda CA - was in stock. Works fine but I hate the giant key which is the same size & shape as the ignition key.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What you want is a Stant locking gas cap, #11504.

Got mine for $13 from the local Checker Auto Parts. It comes with two small keys, rather than the huge ones the Honda cap comes with.

Been using mine for 2500 miles, no problems yet.

eKennedy

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote:a28017685c="OLdweeb"]Genuine Honda E locking gas cap stock #: 17680-SAA-G00, $31.00

Got mine at Kolbe Honda in Reseda CA - was in stock. Works fine but I hate the giant key which is the same size & shape as the ignition key.[/quote:a28017685c]

What about just leaving the key in the E, rather than carrying it around? Get it out when you need gas, then store it away in one of the handy spots. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts