·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my E. :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
If you want to be cost conscious, you should just get 16" black rims or powder coat/paint your stock rims. If you get 18" rims, keep in mind that you will add about $500 for tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rims are $450 and if the tires are $500 that would work! I have a $1000 to work with!
are the ones in the ebay auction the i posted above good? will they fit? what about the offset?
thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know if the black on black will look good :cool: but for about 1000 - 1200 check out discount tire, and know your prices from all vendors, tirerack etc, then go in person to discount and work your deal :) good luck 18s look great on stock ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if the black on black will look good :cool: but for about 1000 - 1200 check out discount tire, and know your prices from all vendors, tirerack etc, then go in person to discount and work your deal :) good luck 18s look great on stock ride.
are you being sarcasitic..lol. is that your black E with black rims in your sig:D

so whats is a good deal for black rims? $500 seems like a GREATdeal for these. do you agree??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, what do you guys think, should I go for 17", 18", or 19" RIMS??! or 20"?!?!

I dont want to look to pimped out but I do want to stand out and look nice. I also need it to handle snow well.
thnaks for your input!

·
Registered
541 Posts
you get what you pay for.......... good luck.
Look in the Sticky that says "lets make a definitive 18"-22" wheel owner list" at the top of this exact section. searching goes a long way....
only you know if you should get an 18, 19, or 20 inch rim.... ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would you be interested in selling your stock wheels if and when you get your new wheels? I want a set of those factory wheels for my 2003 2WD.
If so how much?:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you be interested in selling your stock wheels if and when you get your new wheels? I want a set of those factory wheels for my 2003 2WD.
If so how much?:)
yeah, I was gonna stick them up on Ebay! you are close enough where we can meet half way.
may me an offer :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, I was gonna stick them up on Ebay! you are close enough where we can meet half way.
may me an offer :)
Well, I really don't know what to offer?:) I really just need the rims and not interested in the tires but I would take them with the wheels if you just want to be rid of them. I have a nice new set of Michelins to swap on them. Are the wheels in good shape? No curb rash or anything? Sorry, i'm a bit anal about wheels...........I can't stand curb rash.:D What do you think you'd want?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you think these will look on my black E?
20x8.5 Enkei Performance LF-10 Black Painted

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My bud has those exact rims on his cobalt ss, it looks horrible, too black, he is selling them, thats how bad it looks, it they had a polished lip, it would help. Also, 20" tires from tirerack.com can be had for $133 each in a 245/40 by General, its the UHP's, I have them and they rock for the price. With 20's, your going to spend atleast $1400 mounted and balanced. I found a sweet deal on rims, it still cost me $1300 plus $200 to have them mounted and road force balanced with free rebalancing once a year. I would look at 18's, I wish I would have stuck with that size, the ride is very harsh with 20's, i got used to it, but, you find yourself spending most of your driving time dodging potholes and bumps, gets annoying on long drives.

·
Registered
136 Posts
you get what you pay for.......... good luck.
Look in the Sticky that says "lets make a definitive 18"-22" wheel owner list" at the top of this exact section. searching goes a long way....
only you know if you should get an 18, 19, or 20 inch rim....
I agree with OXEXE check out the "lets make a definitive 18"-22" wheel owner list" I spent a lot of time looking at rims and all the sizes. I went with black 18 enkies myself because I wanted something bigger then stock but something I could still take off road/off the beaten path and still enjoy the element for the vehicle it is. In the end it is all up to what looks good to you and what you like. I also think a black w/chrome lip would look also too, but then chrome keeps uppin the price. Enjoy....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My bud has those exact rims on his cobalt ss, it looks horrible, too black, he is selling them, thats how bad it looks, it they had a polished lip, it would help. Also, 20" tires from tirerack.com can be had for $133 each in a 245/40 by General, its the UHP's, I have them and they rock for the price. With 20's, your going to spend atleast $1400 mounted and balanced. I found a sweet deal on rims, it still cost me $1300 plus $200 to have them mounted and road force balanced with free rebalancing once a year. I would look at 18's, I wish I would have stuck with that size, the ride is very harsh with 20's, i got used to it, but, you find yourself spending most of your driving time dodging potholes and bumps, gets annoying on long drives.
thanks for all the info guys! gives me a lot to think about. glad i asked :cool:

so how rough are the 20's? I will never go off-roading, is it that bad in the city? I live in DC. thansk!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If DC roads are anything like Ohio roads, it can be bad, but I am used to what roads to avoid if at all possible. It is not bad to the point of not wanting to drive it, but there is atleast once a day I ask myself why I went with 20's. The General tires have a softer sidewall compared to most, researched it first, but I have on my 16" steelies for winter niw and love it, it rides so much smoother, I dont feel every crack in the road. I thought I would not mind it since my camaro has lopros on it with stiff suspension setup for road racing and it rides better than my E with 20's, but the E is a truck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If DC roads are anything like Ohio roads, it can be bad, but I am used to what roads to avoid if at all possible. It is not bad to the point of not wanting to drive it, but there is atleast once a day I ask myself why I went with 20's. The General tires have a softer sidewall compared to most, researched it first, but I have on my 16" steelies for winter niw and love it, it rides so much smoother, I dont feel every crack in the road. I thought I would not mind it since my camaro has lopros on it with stiff suspension setup for road racing and it rides better than my E with 20's, but the E is a truck.
thanks for the insight! I really only want to change the rims if I can get something flashy like 20's. I would stick with the stock 16's that i have otherwise. they are still pretty nice! :cool:

I need to think about it, because you'ere right. its a truck and i want comfort first ;-)

·
Registered
184 Posts
"Nice But Inexpensive Black Rims"

thanks for the laugh this morning ! bout dropped my coffee mug when i saw that !

btw...i have a set of stock rims that are a bit beat up with snow tires on them. thinking of painting them black, what did people who painted them use, glossy or flat black ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts