Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be interesting to see where my fellow Canadian "E" owners hail from. If we have enough people in the same area, may a meet would be in order?

I am in central Mississauga in Ontario.

Iskie

·
Registered
164 Posts
I live in Toronto.....the part formerly known as Downsview.

I'm going to the Autoshow today so I'll try to take some pics of these "bad plastic panels". I also look forward to speaking to the salespeople and testing their knowledge.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I am going tomorrow. Maybe I will get the boyfriend to take some pictures of me by the autoshow's "E" so I can pretend I have mine. :wink:

Iskie

·
Registered
164 Posts
You're going to love the show, only advice is get there early.
They had 3 Elements on display at the show, an Orange, Silver and Green. The Orange was for presentation only, but people were crawling all over the other 2. I was able to snap a few photos, but they may not display well. I see what other people are talking about regarding the plastic, but I hardly feel it's cause for serious concern. The Chey Avalanche does have a more durable plastic and resisted scratching, but the Land Rover Freelander was as easy /if not easier to scratch than the E. I guess you'll have to watch out for all those fingernail plastic scratching thugs you find in the big cities :wink:

My next car!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey all..I am from Kitchener, ON...Patiently waiting on my SOP Element which the dealer assures me will arrive in the next three weeks. Has anyone else run into long wait times for their E? And if so, how long?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of today, it's been four weeks. I chatted with Honda about this today - I will post their response later.

Iskie

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I spoke to a salesperson regarding the amount of E's they receive, he told me each dealer will get 4 Elements every shipment. An E on order will be a seperate shipment but may take 4-6 weeks for delivery. This is not uncommon with newly introduced vehicles, I went through the same ordeal when I bought my Xterra in 99'. Your best bet is to ensure you have the vehicle VIN #. You can use this number to track the production date of your vehicle. Give Honda Canada a call if this delay is not properly explained by the dealer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got pretty much that explanation from my dealer. The problem he said, is that each shipment of 4 they recieve are of unknown colours. So their shipment coming in two weeks may be of all the wrong colours. I ordered Orange Pearl and if that is not on the truck they need to being the process of trying to trade for an unsold one from another dealer...And judging by the popularity of the orange and the limited numbers produced...It may be a while...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vin # are not assigned til it is manufactured. If you are ordering a Eternal Blue it may be delayed do to production problems with paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Eric from Montreal, Quebec, I'm just waiting for my Element with Y package 2WD, 5 speed, sunset orange ! I ordered 2 weeks ago and supose to receive it at beginning of April !

Bye :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome/Salut Eric. :D

From what I have been told, four to six weeks is the wait time for us in Canada to get an "E". Just struck me, it would be really interesting to see some pictures of the "E" on the old section of Quebec City..... One of us Canucks has to promise to do that. :D

Iskie

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is John, I live in the north-est of Montreal (a place called L'Assomption, we call it L.A.!) I orderd my Sunset Y 4 AWD 2 weeks ago, my dealer assure me that I will have it between the 11 and 17 of March. I believe him since we play in the same hockey team!

[/list][/code]

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome Nate. If you see another "E" in Calgary, it may well be Boneheadz or his dad. :D

Iskie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Iskieterol,
I'm in Mtl - I can do the Old Quebec thing, my wife and I get there pretty often... My "E" is primarily for business use (I own and operate a dog training facility) - so my "E" will have my business lettering on it - but it still looks great - and I am enjoying it so far.

:D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool. I bet your "E' would look quite spiffy in Quebec. Love to see some pics of it.

Iskie

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi there everyone, the name is anthony and i'm from mississauga. I'm very interested in the element and have been on the site reading all i can. My wife and i test drove a green element this weekened. Basically got the msrp price. for the 4wd y package. He said he could do a bit better when we are ready to buy. The site has proven to be wealth of knowledge. I took a few pictures of a green and silver one, but don't know how to post. Any help would be appreciated.

regards

anthony

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Anthony:

Glad to have another Mississausage on board. :p

In a nutshell, to post pictures, you need to put them on a web server and then provide the link to the pictures in your posting. There are some posts on the board about free hosting services. As a Roger's customer, tho, you have your own webspace, follow this link for some help: http://www.rogershelp.com/help/content/how/webspace/

Which dealer did you end up working with?

Iskie

1 - 20 of 113 Posts