Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the heck do you put your trash in an E?!!! Like that was what I noticed is like no ash tray, and I don't want it out on the dash or floor. WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Umbra makes a little "trashcan" for your car that fits in your cup holder....I think like $6

www.Umbra.com

I think I saw a similar one at Wallmart for like $2 or $3.....I haven't bought one yet....still looking for a blue or gray one to match my E.

But I think this is a great solution for all the little things.....plus with the 4 cup holders on the center console no worry about taking up valuable space.

I also looked at litter bags but found no reasonable place to put it, plus I couldn't find one that complimented the interior of the E.

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:064e81e90b="StLouisPenguin"]Umbra makes a little "trashcan" for your car that fits in your cup holder....I think like $6

www.Umbra.com

I think I saw a similar one at Wallmart for like $2 or $3.....I haven't bought one yet....still looking for a blue or gray one to match my E.

But I think this is a great solution for all the little things.....plus with the 4 cup holders on the center console no worry about taking up valuable space.

I also looked at litter bags but found no reasonable place to put it, plus I couldn't find one that complimented the interior of the E.[/quote:064e81e90b]

Nice choice in trash cans......normally the only time anyone ( 2 kids and dog)..make trash is when we go on a trip ....and then normally we take a grocery bag for the garbage that the "snacks" make during the trip......

Funny how ppl allow eating in their cars....my wife in her E does but if I could have you remove your shoes in my RSX-S......I would...... :D ....

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Hey Penguin!

that little car cup from Umbra comes in a light grey and a dark grey. I bought the light grey thinking it would go with my grey/green interior, but I think the darker color would have been better down at the floor.

I picked it up a "The Container Store". It's not really big, but it's classier than using a big-gulp cup. :wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Staggie-

Alas I am in St. Louis.....I will have to wait for my next trip to Chicago to check out a container store. We carry one of the umbra cans at work....but it is this nasty dark brown color (what were our buyers thinking????)

I'm glad to know that it comes in gray! WooooHoooooo.....another reason to get my tushie in my E and get the heck out of St. Louie!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OTAY!
lots of cool solutions depending on what you think of doing with trash. I found a few to share from Griot's Garage, #77740 are these cute stick on hooks to hold plastic grocery bags so they don't dump your groceries, prep H, and the like out onto the rubber floor and slide under your seat then reappear when you have someone important in the passenger seat.
SO THESE WILL HOLD TRASH TOO IN THE SAME BAG.
griotsgarage.com go to search and put in the #.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a plastic sherbert bucket with a little plastic bag that sits right between the subwoofer and the console.

Plus, I got to eat the sherbert first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought this cute little set at target. It has a cd holder(that doesn't fit around the visor)and a little trash bag that I hooked around the passenger seat head rest. Matches my eternal blue great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have found that I am just generally keeping the car a LOT cleaner, since I have nowhere to stash the trash -- so I always temporarily put my trash in the rear beverage holders and then remove after each trip.

Perhaps a large sized ziploc bag could be used in those huge door compartments? I like a trash can which can be closed to seal off the nasty smells. Of course, I have two little ones, so my trash is truly something I don't want to have around or smell!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
This is another example about how cool it is to have this site available. Until reading this thread I never even heard of Umbra, or their small car / cup holder trash can. Just ordered one on their web site. Pretty cheap, so the freight cost more than the item. If it wasn't for this site, I would still be looking for a fitting place to put my trash in the E.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have one of those giant plastic bucketts they give you at the ball park when you get popcorn. My trash can says "Angels" on it. I am not thinking that is appropriate, but hey, it works! It sits between the console and sub woof as well.

When I camp, it turn into the dogs water dish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it just me or does Legolas shamelessly plug Griots garage EVERYTIME they post. I mean GEESH. Some advertising is ok but come on....

Secondly, St. Louis Penguin, I think the company buyer chose correctly because if the Umbra trashcan complimented your interior it would likely be in your interior as opposed to being safely at work...Am I right or ????

Just a couple of thoughts, not meant to offend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That was one of my secondary squawks when considering this car. Yeah, there’s a heck of a lot of room, but where do you PUT stuff? My Forester had tons of cool nooks & crannies for stuffing stuff! I CANNOT TOLERATE things rolling around whilst driving. Everything is bungeed in the Element. In my Forester, the trash went in the door pocket…handy. Same with the Element, but in this case, I save my small black bags from Radio Shack & place the tissues, gum, & Luna bar wrappers in the camouflaged sack...

SOP Standard trans 4WD
Made-in-Ohio-Bicentennial-Element
"my Element parking brake was made in Findlay, Ohio”
--------------------------------------------------
2000 Subaru Forester (white)
1988 Subaru GL Wagon (lt. blue)
1987 Subaru GL Wagon (dk. red with white stripe)
1987 Subaru GL Wagon (dk. red with black stripe)
--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just recieved my order of 2 cans...tell me what color u see....I see dark gray...or is it brown....??...( they're brown.....oh nooo)

So I think with the E interior being black and silver....I going to have to return these and the lighter color....( the link for the lighter color is down...no pic...)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Where does one get these cans?

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
At K-mart I found a mini grey plastic crate (9x7x6). Lined with a plastic or small paper bag it makes a great trash can. It sits right behind my floor cup holder so it's accessable to both front and back seats. I also got some rubberized mesh material (used in tool box drawers) at a tool shop. I hot glued some to the bottom of the crate so it doesn't slide around. I also cut up the rubberized material in shapes to fit the trays below the dash board. It looks cool and keeps stuff from sliding around. Make sure you get the tool grade material, the thin stuff they sell for kitchen cabinets doesn't stay put.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been finding myself stuffing all my reciepts and junk into the overhead bin.. then clean it out at the end of the week... who know's what will jump out one day! EEEEEEEEEK

1 - 20 of 126 Posts