Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada and want to buy a Steelcraft grill guard and as asked in the title, where and from whom should I purchase from? I've searched through the forum but have come up empty handed. I've got one place in mind and am looking at this; http://www.ultimatetruck.com/products/steelcraft_grille_guard.aspx and a set of tail light guards as well; http://www.ultimatetruck.com/products/steelcraft_taillight_guard.aspx I want them in black and from what I can see on the sight they are stainless steel powder coated. Are there any other Canadians who have purchased from Ultimate Truck & Auto Accessories. Any suggestions/help is appreciated, thanks.:eoc:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. Does any one have pics of these on there E? I would like to see what they look like before purchasing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pics with grille and tail light guards

I am wondering the same thing. Does any one have pics of these on there E? I would like to see what they look like before purchasing.
Check out my photos in my gallery.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where did you buy your guards from and how was the customer support?
I bought the grille & brush guard from AutoAnything. I bought several things from them, including my Injen exhaust & CAI. I ordered online and did not have any issues, so I can't say anything about their customer service. Don't remember for sure where I bought the tail light guards from. AutoAnything didn't have them. I would definitely shop around for prices. I do think I could have saved a few bucks if I bought somewhere else, but I do like dealing with AutoAnything-I'll buy from them again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the grille & brush guard from AutoAnything. I bought several things from them, including my Injen exhaust & CAI. I ordered online and did not have any issues, so I can't say anything about their customer service. Don't remember for sure where I bought the tail light guards from. AutoAnything didn't have them. I would definitely shop around for prices. I do think I could have saved a few bucks if I bought somewhere else, but I do like dealing with AutoAnything-I'll buy from them again.
Thanks.:-D How did you find the fitment of your tail light guards, any issues to worry about?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks.:-D How did you find the fitment of your tail light guards, any issues to worry about?
Everything fits the way it should. It was a little tight up front mounting some of the brackets for the grille guard, but I was able to get everything on and did it without any help. The only "issue" to worry about is that it's a real chore to clean the headlamps and tail lamps because of the bars on the guards-that's it. They look great!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything fits the way it should. It was a little tight up front mounting some of the brackets for the grille guard, but I was able to get everything on and did it without any help. The only "issue" to worry about is that it's a real chore to clean the headlamps and tail lamps because of the bars on the guards-that's it. They look great!
Thanks again for the feedback.:rockon: One other quick question, Can you remove the small bars in front of the head lights or are they welded on? Some of the grille guards have removable bars but not sure on the Steelcraft units.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks again for the feedback.:rockon: One other quick question, Can you remove the small bars in front of the head lights or are they welded on? Some of the grille guards have removable bars but not sure on the Steelcraft units.
Haven't tried it, but it looks like you can. Those bars all seem to be part of a unit that's screwed into the grille guard. I've thought about taking them out, but I think it looks better with them in. Just a pain to clean!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree the bars do look awsome it's just that I may need to remove them at some point because it's illegal to have anything over the headlights here depending who the officer is and what mood he/she is in.:twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it's been over a year now with my Aries grille guard/tail light guards and they've held up great. I haven't been bothered by the local law either.:razz:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
are you sure the law applies to brush guards? headlight and taillight covers and light tints in can and film all have the "this may not be legal in your area warning"

I dont believe brush guards state anything like that or "only legal for offroad use"

ide look into it as its not easy to toss em on and off at will

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup it pertains to the bars that protect/cover the headlights and tail lights and not the brush guard itself. My bro in law is a police officer in the traffic division and filled me in on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts