Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I recently put down a $500 deposit on an Element. I ordered a 5 speed 2WD EX version in shoeline mist. The dealer had originally told me it would take 4-6 weeks to receive my Element. Today I called to see if he had ordered my vehicle. He said that he had and that Honda had accepted? the order. Having said that he told me I could expect to receive my Element in 3 months! Could someone explain to me why it would take 3 months to get a car? Are there any available Elements in the color and version I want in other dealerships? If so, can my dealer acquire the vehicle in some sort of exchange?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live in KC. I have been to 3 dealers. I have seen the EX in Shoreline Mist at all the lots. Jay Wolfe has a few. They are probably 4WD though. I guess.

I have seen a few SOPs, and the green too. Actually most of the colors are in stock in KC...

I am going to buy either the Shoreline Mist or the Nighthawk Black Pearl in the EX 4 WD model. Black is hard to find here now. Bummer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We were told by every dealer that ordering an Element would take 3 months. We were looking for (and got) exactly what you're looking for. WQe went to several dealers, only to have most of them try to sell us what was on the lot. One of them even told us that the Shoreline Mist was discontinued and that there would be no more in that color, so we'd better buy the Silver one that he had. It is hard to find the EX 5spd in anything but black, blue or silver.

Problem is according to the dealer we finally got ours from, only 10% of them are 5spds. Factor in the color distribution ratios and it makes it even harder. The dealer we went to was part of a chain of several dealerships in the state and they were able to locate one north of Dallas (we're in Houston) and we split the cost of transport. I searched the online inventory of a lot of dealers which helped locate one. There is a site to search that might help.

http://www.nada.org/

It will search based on your zip code. I also found the find a dealer near you service useful, as I could then go through a link to their site and see what they had on site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information about finding a 5 speed in shoreline mist. I am not in any huge hurry, and apparently this is not an uncommon occurrence with this particular color and model. I have found the same vehicle in silver in a nearby dealership. However, I think you will agree its just not the same, is it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If you're going to shell out the clams, you might as well get the one you really want, thats why I tell people anyway. No sense to spend money on a second place car and be unhappy later.

Check around, it might become available sooner in other areas, it depends on their shipments. I know on these rocks, they get a shipment in once a week and they have the inventory a couple of weeks ahead of time so they can tell you exactly what's coming in and when, and you can reserve it and hopefully get it within the week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I took delivery of my Shoreline Mist 5 sp. EX 2WD last Friday, 3/7. I closed the deal the previous Sunday. It was inbound and I just lucked out, I guess. I love it more everyday.

Worth the wait to get what you want (but glad mine was a short wait...).

-jdef

·
Registered
60 Posts
I live in Ontario, Canada and ordered a Black Element Y, 5spd. on January 28. I have heard nothing yet and have been told that it will be at least April before it comes in. I have owned a variety of new Hondas since 1980, but always bought off the lot, so this is a new and unusual experience for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was told flat out the dealers won't trade for colors on the E. Hunt for yourself. I found an SOP ex 4x4 someone ordered and decided not to get. Took a week of searching the west coast but I am coming up on 500 miles now 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I found my own when I was told $500 down and we'll call you in a couple of months for my SOP. But we will sell you the one we have - make you a really good deal - HA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts