Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 element ex and I'm having problems with my radio....lots of static and hissing the louder I turn up the volume. I checked the fuse to the amp, but can't find the amp. and the sub is dead too. Can someone tell me where it's located and if they think that's the problem. If i put on a CD, same thing...so I know it's not just the radio stations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I own a 2003 element ex and I'm having problems with my radio....lots of static and hissing the louder I turn up the volume. I checked the fuse to the amp, but can't find the amp. and the sub is dead too. Can someone tell me where it's located and if they think that's the problem. If i put on a CD, same thing...so I know it's not just the radio stations.
the amp is mounted on the front right side kick panel there are two 10mm if i remember. you need to drop the glove box to access one of them. i took my amp out and ended up putting in a 6 channel ppi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Are there any compatible amps that can replace the OEM without too much fuss. I don't know if I should replace it with another Honda OEM amp or something else... Any suggestions for an easy remplacment?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe the stereo is shot and the amp is just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts