Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy just the floor mat anchors, like the ones that come with the OEM floor mats? I am thinking about buying my own carpet / mats and placing grommet holes in the right places, but I need the anchors to secure custom mats to the floor.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The floor mat anchors are a relatively simple piece of equipment. I doubt you can buy them from Honda without the whole package of mats. You may try begging a dealer. But as I said, they are simple: a right angle bracket with a screw on one end and a nub on the other. You can probably make one yourself. See the installation PDF on handa for a pic.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Betty,

You remove a small bump of plastic to install the screw. When you attach the bracket, it tightly presses against the area where you remove the bump in the plastic completely sealing the tiny hole you made for the screw. What's the big deal? Would you rather find yourself in a situation where the floormat slides on the plastic floor and bunches up near the pedals? Honda didn't just make the brackets for fun.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cut slowly and gently with a sharp knife. The flooring will scratch easily if the knife gets away from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts