Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!

I was wondering if any of you had any opinions re: good Honda dealers in the Bay Area. It appears I'll be buying an E very soon, and I'm a bit concerned about finding one that's equipped the way I want it (SOP, EBP, or GG EX 4WD auto with side airbags). Plus, it seems like most of the dealers I've met so far know nothing about the E ("Um, yeah, it won't be coming out with side airbags 'til 2004"). So if anyone can recommend a specific dealership, I'd be much obliged. Thanks so much - y'all rock!! :D

Piranha

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a little far for you, but I had a very good experience at Menlo Honda in Redwood City. I had a bad experience with Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. San Leandro Honda seemed good over the phone. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Piranha, A little drive may save you big bucks. I dealt with Jim Lemmons (internet sales mgr.) @ Mistlin Honda in Modesto. They have a huge selection and they are very
willing to deal. I was able to get a great deal prior to ever going to the dealership. Seems the E has caught on faster in the Bay Area commanding a higher price there than in the valley.
Best of luck in your negotiations.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would check out Tracy Honda, the internet sales dept. I had a very good experiance with them ( Amy Orr was the saleswomans name, she was awesome). I tried every where..Merced, Tracy, Modesto, San Leandro, and Palo Alto. Tracy had the cheapest price right off, of courtse others wanted to match but it was too late for them. And Mistlin Honda n modesto, I wouldnt buy a cup of water from them if I was on fire. They are pi$$ poor at customer service. I could ant all day but it wouldnt help. So my advice go to TracyHonda.Com. Get a quote and contact Amy Orr.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gelement, I agree, Tracy Honda is great. I purchased a 2002 Accord from them last year. I got a price from Amy on the Element. They came in $ 307.00 higher than Mistlin. Mistlin threw in locks and a roof rack, couldn't resist. As far as service, thats why I always buy Honda. After the initial purchase you should never have to return.

·
Registered
4 Posts
San Leandro Honda are great! Just submit a request online, and they'll give you invoice. Very good follow-up service too.

G

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If you just go north a bit to Santa Rosa, Manly Honda right off the 101 at the Corby/Hearn Exit, You can speak with a man named Rich Reeder. I bought mine their on the 18th, and I got a 03 EBP EX 4wd AT for 19,723. We just bought an s2000 their in August, so they called me when they went on ad. You should give Rich a call at 707-849-0865, tell him I referred you and see what he can do for you. I believe they ad was for all E's and I saw they had a few left last time I drove by. (They will do dealer trades too).

Good Luck!
Amy Nebeker :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my 02 Civic Si from San Leandro Honda, and just bought my 03 Element from Serramonte Honda (Colma/Daly City). San Leandro honda has been GREAT to me... my sales guy was the BEST! The ONLY reason I went to Serramonte was because they gave me more for the Civic than anyone else would.... I would go back to SLH in a MINUTE and deal with Raul.... Serramonte Honda, I dealt with "big John". Great guy! deal with no one else!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Piranha,

I bought mine from El Cerrito Honda / San Pablo Ave. in El Cerrito - I tried to find the same thing as you back in late August via the internet the most responsive dealers were Dublin Honda- Dublin , Anderson Honda -Palo Alto and El Cerrito Honda - El Cerrito

DO buy the car using the internet if you can - this cuts out the sales commision and the price haggling - you just do it over the phone after the initial email contact and go sign the papers - it is a lot less stressful and more friendly

I f your car is not available locally exactly as you want it wait a week and check again - within a months time some dealer in the bay area will end up with exactly what you are looking for - be patient a few weeks can make the difference between compromising and getting what you want - you don't have to order it!

First I would recommend doing your homework on pricing, colors, features and test drives of the differnt models anywhere that is convenient to help you decide what model and features you want -

Find out by calling or visiting the local dealers you would consider buying from to see if they have the model you want in their current stock - if you find theexact model you want - Test Drive it if you can BUT don't sit down with a salesman in person to negotiate a deal - just tell them you will be thinking it over will get back to them and leave after the test drive.

Then go to the internet to this dealers web site and request a quote for your desired Element via email tell them you test drove the specific car and they have exactly what you want, you have done all your homework and your ready to buy it today for their lowest fair price-

The dealer that actually has what you want will give you the best price - they won't have to trade for it - Call their internet sales manager (sometimes also the fleet sales manager or his staff) at the dealer with the car - they will have supplied you with their name and their direct telephone number in their email quote response and will probably have specific directions for proceeding with a prospective purchase for the car you are interested in -

Via the internet they all will give you a very low price probably within a few hundred dollars or so of the final best deal - check with two other local dealers and have them search for the car and quote you, this will give you a comparison of how close/realistic you are to the lowest price -

If it turns out another dealer or two have the exact same model you are looking for in stock then you can use that fact to leverage your request for the lowest fair price if you need to - example, like I know dealer x and dealer y also have the exact car I want but I want to buy from you if you can give me the best price - I have been in contact with them and they have quoted me (tell them the lowest price you have gotten MINUS an additional $100 or $200) Tell them you are ready to buy today if they can sell it to you for $100 less then your best quote.

When I bought mine in August the final price was $400 less than the lowest origninal email quote that I recieved from three different dealerships. the process took approx. 24hours to finalize once I found a dealer with the exact car.

You may find they are only willing to match the lowest price not go lower - it is up to you what final price you agree on - In my opinion $100 or $200 is not a deal breaker as it is not as important (as long as it is a fair price) as being confident in the dealer/customer service /service department and their local reputation and covenience of their location (for servicing the Element) -

Everyone deserves to make a fair profit - you just don't want to be burned for more than that.

Sometimes you ca make up a little difference or sweeten the deal by having them throw in the Honda optional Keyless Entry or service discount coupons etc... if they don't suggest this you always can.

Tell them you know they have the car in stock and you will be buying it that day if they can give you their lowest fair price you don't want to wast time haggling you just want to buy the car at a good price -

They may ask you for the magic dollar amount that will get you to buy the car today - don't give them the price make them give you the price - it should be within a hundred dollars of the best price quote you have gotten if not tell them another local dealer has already quoted you a lower price and give them that number - They should offer to match it at least - Tell them you will be in to buy the car that day if they will better it by a hundred dollars.

When they give you a good price - Viola! Go buy the car

Sm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts