Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy motor oil? I am going to be doing my own oil change, but don't know where the best place is to get the oil.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy motor oil? I am going to be doing my own oil change, but don't know where the best place is to get the oil.
Hit the regular CSK (Kragen/O'reilly...etc.) sales ad. Or Walmart - great deals on great oil.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/currentad.oap?brandCode=KRG

5 qts Mobil 5000 and a filter for $11.99 - how can you beat that?

I prefer Dino over synthetic. Just get any API rated oil and be happy. Mobil 5000, Chevron, Exxon Mobil (Honda's OEM), and Shell are all high in Molybdenum - all great stuff.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd say Walmart. Our Walmart just dropped the price on Mobile 1 synthetic and Penzoil synthetic -5qt containers to 20 bucks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Look all over. I got 5 quarts of Valvoline synthetic and a WIX oil filter for $19.00 and change at Oreily's a few weeks back............

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I buy oil from Wal-Mart and the filters from H and A.

The A01 filters are supposed to be the best.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Advance Auto is currently running a promo that gets you 5 quarts of Mobile 1 and a Mobile 1 filter for $30. Great deal if you run synthetic. There are also a few other special deals that they are running on oil right now. Here is a link.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Walmart for Mobile 1. My local Honda dealer sells oil filters with washers - 3 for $15 bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts