Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a cool project with a small LED strip and I have no idea where in the fuse box to connect to!?? Searching hasn't answered my question. And do I need any specific hardwear to do so, such as an add-a-circuit?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
You are going to need way more detailed info to get a good answer.

Do want an always on circuit?
Do want an acc circuit?
Do want parking lights on circuit?
Do want the dome light circuit?

You may need a simple splice, or add a circuit.
No way to tell with what you posted.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
On the FAQ/how-to page, under Interior, there is a "12V socket, adding" link. That thread has some good info on tapping into a power source.

As AztecRol noted, since we don't know when you want the lights to come on (with the ignition, with the headlights, etc.), we can't tell you which fuse to tap into. However you can see all the fuse assignments here.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want it on while the car is running. It's just a small light strip. Which fuse and how do I tap in to it to harness it's RAW POWER?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. What I'm trying to figure out is how to tap into it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
On the FAQ/how-to page, under Interior, there is a "12V socket, adding" link. That thread has some good info on tapping into a power source.

As AztecRol noted, since we don't know when you want the lights to come on (with the ignition, with the headlights, etc.), we can't tell you which fuse to tap into. However you can see all the fuse assignments here.

you could follow the 12 V socket adding link and do the same except have the light strip instead of the 12 v

1 - 7 of 7 Posts