Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have the dog ramp that Honda sells as part of the dog kit. When I travel with my four dogs + wife + kit, it becomes a challenge to store the ramp in the Element. When we are all in the car we put one of the rear seats up on the side, but keep it in the car.

Does anyone have tips or tricks for storing the ramp without impacting the passengers or the dogs too much?

I was wondering if someone tried to mount the ramp on the roof rack, but it would have to be secured real good; I don't like the idea of the ramp flying into a car behind me on the highway.

Any input/tips appreciated!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
What's wrong with storing it underneath the zip up dog kennel? Looks to be a great spot and from all the pics I've seen it looks like that's where it was intended to be stored. :?

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Why bother with the ramp? They're 50 lb dogs. Getting up into the Element shouldn't be much of a problem for them. Unless they're super old and can barely move in the first place. 200 lbs of dog is a lot.

Honestly, in your situation I wouldn't even bother with the ramp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why bother with the ramp? They're 50 lb dogs. Getting up into the Element shouldn't be much of a problem for them. Unless they're super old and can barely move in the first place. 200 lbs of dog is a lot.

Honestly, in your situation I wouldn't even bother with the ramp.
A couple of them are old timers and need the ramp. The young ones have no problem jumping in and out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lift them. Not like you're putting them in and out of the car 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.
That's not possible for different reasons. I have a ramp already and use it, and that's not up for debate. The question is about suggestions to best store it in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts