Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through the recent tire threads, did a bunch of research, and have narrowed it down to these:

Contintental CrossContact LX25, $141 each
Pirelli Scorprion Verde All Season Plus, $99 each
Firestone Destination LE2, $118
Firestone Destination LE3, $122

I've heard the Pirellis can get a bit noisy, and some wear fast, but for that price and with a 65K warranty, i'm leaning that way.

Your thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,120 Posts
I can comment first hand on the Firestone Destination LE2's. A set was on my '03 EX when I bought it with about 3/4 tread remaining. I ran them another 24K miles, at which point they were mostly used up. So I'm guessing they went a total of about 32K miles; OK tread wear I suppose. Wet weather performance was not too good. The E would easily spin the front tires with only a light throttle starting out on a wet road. Ride quality was pretty bad! Definitely not worth $118 each. : - (

Check out this link before you buy. I am very pleased with these tires. A huge improvement in ride quality over the Firestones. Note that I got the 225/75R16 oversize, which is another thing to consider:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Original tire on new Element only lasted 20,000 miles - upgraded to Costco Michelin 225/75 and got 110,000 miles on the second set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts