Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been out of the car audio arena for a long time, so I really haven't been up on all the new tech. I rode in a coworker's 4Runner the other day and he had a really nice Pioneer HU with Nav/iPod/Phone/DVD etc... I want one now.

I would love to have Nav but I know that nearly doubles the price, plus, I have a Garmin Nuvi, and an iPhone, so it would just be overkill for me.

I'm not looking to spend a small fortune. I've always been partial to Pioneer. My old systems used to be based around them. From reading on here, it seems they fit right into an Element. It's an '04 EX for the record.

Here is a list of what I'd like it to do. Can you help me decide which one I should go with?

-Full iPod interface with video and playlists
-DVD. Divx, xVid and other codecs would be nice
-MP3 playback from CD
-Bluetooth with iPhone
-Largest screen possible
-Don't care about back up camera
-Don't care about GPS.
-Wallpaper? Do they have features to run photo slideshows from a card or iPod?
-Sirrius
-HD Radio Receiver

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55855

This is awesome and it does all of that. It comes with a cable for basic iPod functions but requires a different cable ($50 at Best Buy) to get video from an iPod/iPhone. Works with 3G iPhone. You can get a BT module, or an HD Radio module, or an XM module, or a Sirius Module, or a backup camera. And if you put pictures on a CD and pop it in you can transfer the pics from the CD to the HU and save em as your wallpaper. And it has an AV input and output. I'm going to get a Digital TV converter box and add it to the mix so I can watch local channels. Eventually I'll get the HD radio tuner as well.

Here's where I ordered it from and it was less than $400 shipped...
http://www.google.com/product_url?q...n-C-0GBkJjphEAAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

I'd say if you were wanting to get into an AV HU this should be the one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one I've come to like. I went to Best Buy today to see if I could play with one. That place sucks. First, they didn't have one on the wall. Second, they couldn't even play a movie so I could demo the old 4000 unit, because they can't bypass the parking brake stop sensor. The 4000 unit's controls and display looked kind of cheesy to me, I want to see what the 4100 looks like.

Maybe I can see one somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I highly recommend Pioneer cause i have one myself: D durability and longevity are few of my reasons and all the possibilities you can add later, here's a pic of AVH-P4100DVD.
There's a bunch of "in action" pics on my previous post ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check out the Pioneer AVIC-F90BT. I was able to buy if from crutchfield.com for 700. Has built int bluetooth, voice recognition, I pod music and video playback, gps, and other features.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For iPod users, sometimes they want to backup the music, video or pictures on iPod to computer and to another iPod. This makes iPod users headache for iTunes doesn't providing this feature at all. Tipard Studio releases a program that can backup their files on iPod to PC or transfer files to another iPod. Using Tipard iPod Transfer Pro you would never worry about losing problem of the files. This iPod Transfer Pro help you copy songs and video from iPod to PC without losing anything. Tipard iPod Transfer pro supports all the versions of iPod devices. So you can easily transfer music and video from iPod, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod shuffle, iPod Touch, iPhone to PC. You could easily share your iPod music with your friends.

Key Features:

﹡Backup files from iPod to computer
﹡Import files from computer to iPod
﹡Transfer files from iPod to iPod/iPhone

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Or you could just plug your iPod into your computer. Open it up in Windows explorer. Navigate to the music files (they will be weird letters and numbers). Copy and paste them to another iPod. Done!! And you saved $25.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts