Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AOL Radio has really grown on me at work these days because of the commercial free content. I am thinking of getting possibly a Delghi Roady or something like that but I know there are 2 companies out there. Ehat is the difference between XM or Sirrius beside the $ per month and I know they both have 100 channels.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My bro has sirius, he likes it over XM becasue the music stations are commercial free, if your paying a subscription fee it is nice to not have to listen to ads. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can't go wrong with either - both are great. To make your decision, I would go to each website and listen awhile. Sirius lets you listen live for 20 minutes and XM has prerecorded samples up to 3 hours long. Find out which one plays the music you like best. To me that's the most important factor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love XM. I have it in my E. It's cheaper than Sirius (especially if you pay in advance) and the commercials that everyone fears equal to about 2 minutes an hour on the music channels that have them and not all of the channels have commercials. I'm usually flipping around, anyway, so I rarely hear them, and when I do they're usually for Allstate or JCPenney. On some of the talk channels, there are more commercials. XM is at 1 million subscribers, and Sirius is not even half of that. You decide.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I think I made my decision to go with XM because of the cost factor and because they are the leader in the business. Now compared to CD sound, how is the quality. I'm assuming that if I go with a high end unit like an Alpine I will get better sound than from the Delphi unit, Is this true. Too bad Eclipse does not make a reciever yet.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Personally I prefer Sirius because I'm an NPR junkie and can't get it on XM. But the other reason I like Sirius is because Clarion builds it int thier head units and I like Clarion. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emass, What is NPR off hand. I know you're an eclipse guru, have you heard any news on future plans for them to start with some typy of satellite radio in their head units or a module.

[quote:9e455a04a2="eMass"]Personally I prefer Sirius because I'm an NPR junkie and can't get it on XM. But the other reason I like Sirius is because Clarion builds it int thier head units and I like Clarion. :D[/quote:9e455a04a2]

·
Registered
227 Posts
NPR stands for National Public Radio. It is PBS for your car :) It is primarily talk radio with news, current events and editorials. As far as music goes, they play classical and opera.
Not quite a challange for EMass's sound system!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yep, I'm a dork. I love NPR.:oops:

AFAIK Eclipse has no current sat radio plans but you can always add it as an aux channel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote:cbcdbc0a33="ShaneS"]Thanks guys, I think I made my decision to go with XM because of the cost factor and because they are the leader in the business. Now compared to CD sound, how is the quality. I'm assuming that if I go with a high end unit like an Alpine I will get better sound than from the Delphi unit, Is this true. Too bad Eclipse does not make a reciever yet.[/quote:cbcdbc0a33]

XM isn't exactly CD sound quality but it is close, and much superior to FM. XM is the single best thing ever invented since the wheel or the internet. Honda, which owns 8% of XM, is starting to roll it out aggressively factory installed but I'm surprised it isn't yet in the E, esp. since it's avalable in the toyota scion.

Your best bet is to get the XM ROADY, just released. Some Circuit Citys already got 'em. try www.xmradio.com/roady XM has an amazing fansite which is extremely active, www.xmfan.com They have a review of the roady here:
http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=10420

The Roady is $120 and comes complete. About the size of a cassette tape. Cool thing is, the element stereo has an AUX jack. So all you need to do is plug it in to the AUX, plug it in to the cigarette lighter, install the antenna, and you're good to go. I've got a skyfi now that i plug into my current car but i'm getting an element this week or next and will grab a roady for it and leave the skyfi with the home stereo only...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts